19

C A L U M T H O M A S

Sam : Sir? Mr. Hood?

Sam : Sorry if I'm running a bit late but I'm on my way and Luke's driving our way going there.

Me : It's alright.

Sam : No it's not, I've been absent on my first day and you've seen me drunk then now I'm being late. This is not okay.

Me : You're funny, I said it's okay. It's just 2:51 you're not late.

Sam : But sir it's almost 3!

Me : It's okay, okay? Don't panic.

She didn't replied after that and I inclined on my chair, looking on the big glass window that shows a beautiful view of the city.

I'm a little bit excited, it's her first time in job. I don't even know if I could stay cold at her. Well, being cold is what I'm known about and I should maintain it that way.

I looked at the body sized mirror on the other side of the room and observed my reflection. I fixed my slightly messy hair to it's original position, quiffting it up. Then I arranged my necktie, right after, I heard a knock from the door.

"Come in." I spoke up not moving away from the mirror looking at my features.

"Sir! Sorry I'm late!" She panted.

"Did you ran?" I asked, raising my eyebrow.

"Yes," she sighed deeply, catching her breath.

"Okay, take a rest first." I sent a small smile then walked to my original seat while she sat across me. I watched her as she took deep breathes.

"Sorry for the other night, for seeing me in my drunk state." She apologized.

"No, it's alright."

"And thank you for bringing me home and saving my virginity."

I stifled a laughed and shook my head.

"It's alright, it's alright."

"Why are you there by the way?" She asked, tangling some piece of her hair that I found attractive.

"I...uhm, was invited." I lied.

"Oh." She mumbled, nodding. "So, what will I do now?" She suddenly changes the topic and I remembered why she was here in the first place.

"This," I started, giving me a folder. "Are my schedules, tasks and jobs and you are gonna be reminding me or gonna help me whenever I call you. You should be present at all times but for now, Janine was giving you all of her work because she's gonna resign soon." I sighed.

"What? Why?" She asked, shocked. "She's like, your best employee." She stated and I nodded in agreement.

"I know, but she needs more time for her studies because she's going to college soon." I frowned, actually sad.

Even though sometimes I'm a little cold to her, she's still a great person, she never stops talking to me even though I'm a little cold.

Wait, I should be treating Samantha the same way, being cold.

But I just can't you know? God, I need to practice myself.

"Now, go out and talk to Janine, she'll explain the further details of your job." I said, trying to sound a little cold. She nodded and quickly walked out, leaving me alone.

----

oh wow yay
so my dear diary got 2.K+ reads
if you're a filipino (and you can understand tagalog) i recommend that story to you. that story is based on my real life so every detail of that book is real, except the names, they're changed ofc
yeah ok bYE