30

M A R I A  S A M A N T H A

"W-what?" I stuttered.

"Samantha, I-i like you." Luke croaked.

"Luke, I-"

"I'm fucking jealous because I like you, Samantha. No, scratch that, I'm already falling for you." He said, now he's crying.

"Luke, shh." I soothe, rubbing his back.

His sudden outburst really shocked me, I didn't expected that never in my life.

Luke and I are such great friends, I don't know that for him it's already greater than that, much more than that.

"Luke, I'm sorry. I-i don't like you like that." I said sadly and he just hid his face in his big hands.

"I know," he said softly. "I'm sorry."

"No, don't be sorry." I murmured. "It's your feelings, don't be sorry for what you feel."

"I can't help it, I'm sorry." He sighed deeply.

"There's a lot of girls out there, there's gotta be someone that is better than me." I sighed, I don't even know if I'm saying things right for the better.

"But they're not you." Luke whimpered. "If I would like someone it would have to be like you, or you." He rambled, playing with his hands.

Now my anger for Luke evaporated, now changed with guilt and worry. Why does it have to be me? There's other much girls out there, others that are prettier, other that are better than me.

"Maybe there is, Luke." I encouraged. "Maybe there's someone who's like me out there, you just gotta look." I smiled. He just looked at me.

"Can't you give me a chance?" He asked barely audible, but loud enough for me to hear.

"Luke, no. I..." I trailed off.

We suddenly stopped walking and Luke was standing in front of me. His eyes are staring into mine, I looked in his eyes searching for answers, as if I'll read some answers in his eyes.

He was like towering me because of his incredibly tall height, we are like 5 blocks away from our house.

He touched my chin for me to look up to him, he suddenly leans, I don't know maybe for a kiss and I suddenly froze, I can't move. His eyes flickered to my lips and I know it's going to happen. I know what's going to happen.

"Just give me a chance and I'll prove it to you." He whispered, his hot breath touching my face and I mentally cringe.

I just can't do this.

He's just a friend, no, a brother to me, nothing more.

Since I can't move and his face are dangerously close to mine. I just closed me eyes and before I know it, his lips was on mine.

---

oops hi
everytime i see luke all i see is 'the boyfriend app' luke. God, that fanfic is stuck in my head.