Chapter 3: Cameron

My shoulder knocks into Jared Rosa's as I walk past him, causing him to drop all of his school work onto the floor. The boy avoids making eye contact with me while he readjusts his bulky black glasses. His now messed up blonde hair covers his green eyes while he scrambles for his items.

Annoyance flares through me at the mere contact with him. "Watch it," I warn.

As I continue on, I can hear his sigh of annoyance. "You watch it," he snaps quietly.

In a flash, Ryat Dyrn and Dave Linder have the boy pinned against the lockers. It's entertaining watching the boy try to squirm away from them, especially with his knowledge of Ryat's ability of superhuman strength.

Sometimes, it seems that Jared forgets his place in this world. It's my job to remind him about what he is and who he will always be to me. "You must have forgotten who you are speaking to."

Shaking his head frantically, Jared begins to struggle even more against the grips of my friends. He knows what's coming next. "I'm sorry," the boy cries.

Grabbing the sleeve of his shirt on his right wrist, I shove it up on his arm to expose his tattoo. The mark on his arm that shows what he is to the entire world forever. I pull his hand from Dave's grip and shove the mark into his face. He eyes the CT, trying his hardest to keep his face as far from his arm as possible.

"You see these two letters here?" I ask him. "This means that you are absolutely nothing. You are like an annoying fly buzzing around all of our heads. Now, we can keep you alive as long as you stay out of our path. If you get too close to us though—" With a single nod of my head, Ryat breaks the boy's arm while Dave covers his mouth to silence Jared's cry of pain. "I think you get the picture."

Jared writhes in pain for a few moments before I give Dave the signal to heal the boy's arm. We've learned our lessons in leaving injuries on the people we teach.

As soon as he is healed, my friends release him. We watch as he quickly grabs his stuff. Tears roll down his cheeks, which gives me a strange sort of satisfaction.

"Cameron Hansen to the main office," the intercom above us blares loudly.

I glance up at the ceiling, having a feeling that my dad is calling me out of school for the day. He loves to throw surprises in my direction as a way of preparing me to lead the country. "I'll see you guys tomorrow," I tell the pair.

Like a magnet on the wrong side, I repel all of the students in my path. It is a known fact that I rule this entire school. Being the son of the most influential man in this country made the process very easy and simple. I have only had my position put into question once, and that person quickly learned their lesson within the first twenty-four hours of them running their mouth.

The main office sits right next to the front entrance of the building, serving as a way to keep students protected from any potential threats. Who would ever try threatening the school, I have no idea. We all have abilities that we can use to protect ourselves. Someone would have to be really stupid to try and attack us.

Wrapping my hand around the door handle, I pull the door open. The two secretaries at the front desk barely spare me a glance. They seem to have more to worry about than doing their jobs.

One has brown hair that hangs just below her chin. Her gaze is focused on her large tabloid as she writes a few things down. Her bluish colored skin is pulled tight over her bones, giving off a weird presentation. Her green eyes are glassy, seemingly having no life in them. Her ability must contribute to her ghastly complexion.

The other secretary has long blonde hair that hangs down to a length that I cannot see over the tall desk. She seems to be the exact opposite of her coworker in every way. Her tan skin glows in the fluorescent lighting overhead. Her brown eyes appear to be full of life.