Chapter 21: Eric

What I saw is something out of nightmares.

Prior to the building's strange collapse, the sky had become a painted red color. As if the bloodshed had somehow leaked into the air and stained the blue sky.

Everyone around me had begun to slightly panic, but it was nothing like the fear-induced panic they experienced when the storm clouds had gathered.

The electrical currents within those clouds charged the air before lightning surrounded the entire building. It created a supercharged cage, which is impossible to maintain with something so unpredictable. None of the people in that building would have been able to get out alive, even if they had tried.

President Hansen issued orders to his men to get them into that building, but none of them made a move to follow. There was no possible way for anyone to get into that building.

It didn't take me too long to recognize Cameron's handiwork. I never realized the extent of the boy's power. He might be the most powerful storm summoner alive if he can keep lightning happening in one spot.

Right before the building collapsed, the wind was screaming at all of us. People began to flee the scene if they could, unsure of what was happening.

Then, as if a bomb had gone off, a blast swept everyone standing off of their feet. The sound of a crumbling building filled our ears whilst the guard slowly regathered and recollected theirselves.

Cameron and Allyson should not have been able to walk out of that blast unscathed. In fact, they should not have been able to walk out of the rubble of that building at all.

I didn't realize what had happened until I was home, hours later, hiding in my room.

Back in Consahdance, there are legends about twins with different abilities. Though they all tell different stories with different tales, only one is consistent among all of them: if two children that shared a womb have different gifts, they can share their abilities. The stories never went into detail as to how this could be done or why this could happen, so I never believed them.

Reflecting back on the things that Cameron said before he and Allyson ran back into that building, however, it's the only thing that makes sense.

A superweapon. That's what he talked about before running back into that building. Neither one of them had anything on them to create something that could collapse a building designed to withstand strong abilities.

Which can only mean that those legends are true.