Allyson's Letter to Jared

Dear Jared,

I write to you on a ship headed toward what may be my new home: the Kingdom of Consahdance. I wish I had been able to say goodbye to you in person. Unfortunately, timing never works in my best interest. So, you hadn't awoken from your coma until minutes before I got onto this godsforsaken ship.

There are so many things that happened while you were gone. Things that are difficult to explain in a letter. To sum it all up until I am able to call you: my past is not as easy as it was explained to be and Eric is not at all who he said he was. In fact, 'Eric' isn't even his real name.

His true name is Prince Conlaed of Consahdance, the Crown Prince. Because of something that occurred at my birthday party (to be explained in a phone call), the prince has decided to return home with Caspian and I to oppose us in the fight for the throne. My fiancé (another long explanation) was not very pleased to hear this, but I have faith that the two of us will figure it out and prevail. Our motivations hold a lot more at stake than Conlaed's, so we have a lot more to lose.

Where I'm going and what I'm going to do is going to change me in ways that may make me unrecognizable to you. If I have to sacrifice parts of myself so that this world is better for people like the two of us, then so be it. I just hope that we can manage to maintain our friendship after all of this is over with.

I wish I had more to offer you besides a cryptic letter and promises I may not be able to keep. All I can do is inform you that Cameron promised me to make sure that no one messes with you anymore (including him). I have ways to ensure that he keeps his promise, but my twin brother has also changed within the months that you have been absent. I believe that he is finally becoming the person he has always been beneath his cold exterior.

I love you and I promise to explain much more when I have the opportunity to do so. Please, take care of yourself and my brother if possible. He's going to need all the support he can get (once again further explanation is going to be needed).

Your friend,

Allyson Hansen

END OF BOOK 1