Chapter 13: Lydia

It has been two weeks since I discovered that Allyson is President Hansen's daughter. In that time, there has been an attempt on her life. The day it happened, every single news source in the world talked about the twins' show of power.

As if going against a group of people who don't have abilities is something to brag about.

The Blue Sun didn't seem to care about this kind of news. As if Allyson and Cameron taking out a group from the Calamities doesn't somehow impact them. With the strength that Allyson and Cameron have to take down people who want them dead, it means that the Blue Sun has no chance. They will get slaughtered if they try to make any sort of protest. Even if it is peaceful.

I can't tell Flicker this since I haven't seen him around the compound since he brought me here. Red says that he has been out looking for more escapees. If they haven't turned up by now, however, then there are no more. I was the last person they brought in from the big escape that Allyson created.

She probably did that for her own benefit.

Everything I know about Allyson Blym—Allyson Hansen— is a cleverly crafted lie. She lied to gain my trust and make me believe that she was just like me. I thought she was another orphan rejected from her family with no one else to turn to.

Allyson has always known what was there for her the moment she discovered her powers. A family that cares for her. Opportunities that other Catipilis can only dream about. Money. Power. She literally has it all.

"Lydia?" a quiet voice asks me.

I lift my head, finding a man staring at me. His deep brown eyes study me for only a brief moment before he shies away from my gaze. Light brown hands clench and unclench as he stares at his black shoes. He takes up most of the doorway with his muscular build.

"Flicker wants to see you in the meeting room," he informs me.

Hopping down from my bed in the massive sleeping quarters, I slowly approach the large man. The closer I get to him, the larger he seems to get. He completely towers over me, making him at least two feet taller.

As soon as I am next to him, he begins to meander down the hallway. The floor basically shakes every time he takes a step.

Members of the Blue Sun aren't as welcoming as I thought they would be. In the time I've been here, no one has tried talking to me. In fact, the guy leading me to Flicker is the first person to talk to me in days. I would have to be stupid to not take advantage of this opportunity.

"What's your name?" I blurt out.

Tension rises in the giant's shoulders as he keeps his gaze straight in front of him. "Folks call me Porsche," he replies. His voice is strangely soft, which goes against what you would expect of him. Based on his appearance, his voice should be deeper and rough.

The people here have strange names. Flicker. Red. Porsche. Tulip. They may just be codenames, but they are strangely unconventional. Tulip is named after the plant. Red is named after a color. Perhaps there's some hidden meaning behind their names.

"Do you know why Flicker wants to see me?" I ask him.

There should be no real purpose behind seeing me. He played his part in rescuing me. Now, I can play my part in being entirely useless until they need people to demonstrate in the streets. Or whatever the Blue Sun does to try and get their point across.

His shoulders move up and down in a simple shrug. "He believes that you may be of use in getting information."

Of course. I would have to be naive to think that the Blue Sun wouldn't want to know about Allyson. I revealed that I was once best friends with President Hansen's daughter, which means that she is technically one of us. A Catipilis.