Chapter 20: illusion

"He has absolutely no reason to reveal his location."

Senku analyzed the possibilities for the strange occurrence of smoke in the sky afar. Everyone was nervous, scrambling around the top of the mountain. Finding this or finding that because of Tsukasa and then there was that trail of smoke in the sky that had paralyzed every one.

"B-but maybe." She whined out "maybe he rethought stuff, and it's a signal for peace?"

"No." Senku seriously faced Taiga "he would come with no fear if it were so."

"Right...yeah..."

She nodded but her guts were hiding in fear of something bad. Something bad was going to happen. She felt it.

"It'll be okay" Yuzuriha said as she held her shoulder. She then turn to Senku "shouldn't we finish the fire first?"

"No. Wait. As far as they know it could've of been a small volcanic explosion." Senku crutched his expression. He was nervous as well. He attempted to maintain the cheerful mood of advancing in science but there were small glimpses of his worries and that made everyone more nervous. Especially her.

"You're not-" Taiga's eyes widened

"Yes. We'll make another smoke signal. We'll be broadcasting our location. Even to him"

The tigress tighten her lips. His least logical part of him was talking. His gut as most would say. But it was for the good she knew they couldn't lose sight of another human in this world.

Soon everyone was running to gather branches for the signal Senku had suggested. But in one blink of time Taiga was hearing tsukasa threat Yuzuriha with a spear the size of her body.

She was on a lower creak of the mountain——-Wondering if to reveal herself there and now or later, if to attack like a mosquito would or talk or if it would be best for her to hide and get Taiju.

Taiju for what! He'll be harm. He will blow up once he sees Yuzuriha on that position and Tsukasa will harm him for sure this time. Tsuaksa almost killed him when he had mentioned her name, if he saw her now. If he saw her now. He would be severely hurt; if not killed. The best option was to reason and she was the best bet. But she had failed before, that did not work, and what says she won't fail once again.

Two man were conversing. A conversation that was only a babble, but as she took closer steps the blurry words formed into words.

"With powder, the strongest man is no longer the most powerful in the world. I'd rather say you look quite grumpy today. Tsukasa"

Senku's voice.

"Yeah. That's one way to put it." Tsukasa smiled.

Taiga walked over to see better from the side of  the rock. She held this knot inside her chest as she viewed Tsuaksa. The man who had kindly complimented her a few days ago now held a weapon and threatened a woman with it. He wasn't like that. And he wasn't going to harm. Yet in the scene he seemed to smile as he spoke with senku and his smile seem even more rivaling. How could he be the same with the position he had decided to put himself in.

"Would you give me the recipe for the revival fluid if you'd be so kind?" Tsukasa asked as he pressed the spear against yuzuriha's neck.