Chapter 5 ; Home

At night, many sounds could be heard. So dark and in the clearing it felt dangerous to be. The sky was the most beautiful. There was no denying that fact. Out in the open there were stars that shined incredibly bright and in a dark immense sea they were visible. It was a beautiful view that many didn't appreciate when the modern world existed. But now, they were in the stone world. Their new home.

Taiga woke up breathing fast as she sat up. Her knee up, placing her elbow on it and digging her head into it. She tried to control her breathing, surprised at what had happened.

"Taiga"

She jumped at his sudden voice and immediately turned towards the sound. She wasn't aware he had been awoken. She dropped her knee and sat in a way her dressed covered her correctly.

"Sorry, I woke you up"

He didn't respond as he looked at her. His deep red eyes that were darker at night stared at her small shaking figure. "Are you okay?"

Her face had no expression as she turned taking her eyes off the tree to look at his preying eyes. The long stare was kept up for an extended time with a deadly silence, and it seem as if the whole entire world had become quiet before the presence of predator ready to ambush. Who was the predator?

"Yeah just going to do my needs" she stood up and faded into the dense forest. Allowing him no other word as he watched her walk away silently. He stayed looking at the myriad of stars. Concerned.

Next day. Like always Senku woke up first, and Taiga lightly snored laying in the dirt as their bed. He allowed her to sleep more, but she was awoken when he began to cut down a tree.

She stretch in the ground like a cat and stayed there feeling the little particles of dust that would inevitably rub to her pale skin. There was a feeling of a knot stuck on her, energy, or laziness. She couldn't define, but she instinctively figured that stretching would undo it.

She stared at the sky when she finalized her stretch. Her dress up to her hips, showing her bruised thighs. The sky was entirely blue. "What a beautiful ocean" she thought as she dove into the immensity of the world. Hypnotized by its beauty. He had stopped cutting and had been looking at her stretch, now laying in the ground with her arms above her head with searching eyes.

"Morning"

"Good morning" she wiped her eyes, feeling her bad breath. "How much I slept?"

"A whole day"

She gave him a deadpan face and he laughed "3 hours and 32 minutes more than yesterday." he answered accurately, she stood up and took a few mushrooms to make the bad breath go away. Making faces when she chew them, thinking about the number the science boy had mentioned.

"What's the plan captain?"

"Home" he pointed to the hatchet he made for her. Taiga wondered what else he did during the time she was asleep knowing that hatchet was recently made.

"What have you been doing?" She asked curiously as she stood in front of him.

He stared at her eyes full of curiosity. He noticed the yellow, and brown of different shades on her irises, it was a pretty sight at the light of the sun. He was caught off guard and he kept staring attempting to decipher the why of color change until he realize it was because her eyes were being exposed to the sun which caused more melanin. He was captivated by it, and he kept staring at them without hiding it. Just like she stared at his deep red eyes that made her thoughts to get lost to him.