Nomads

"So You're leaving?"

"I am." Hunter started packing the remaining items he planned to take. "I'll bring stuff back for you and the brat. Just make sure to not do anything reckless and to eat the food I gathered. I should be back before the food is over."

Taiga sat down on their bed and she watched him pack. "Okay"

Hunter stopped packing at the sound of her lonely okay and he turned around meeting a pair of unblinking eyes.

"I'm coming back."

"I know."

"Send the message to your dumb face then."

Taiga changed her expression looking away, but then her hands started to fiddle with each other and she looked at them and she stopped.

Hunter approached and he roughly grasped her jaw up. "Look at me"

"What."

"You're a brat."

Taiga smiled formed and she swatted his hand away. The thought returning to her mind. "Are you-"

"I'm coming back. Remember when I told you that no matter where I go, I will never leave your side."

"Yes I recall. But, one day you'll leave."

"Taiga,

"You will never be alone. You have me, and you also have our baby." His hand touched her belly. "Even when we go through changes or the day we get old, I'll be there by your side. You're my partner."

"What if you get lost?"

"Then I'll just find my way home to you idiot"

"Dummy"

"You're my girl. You're strong enough to not need be but even then I'll be by your side because...I love you" his voice become softer the more he spoke. His lips puckered. Her arms embraced him, her belly between the two.

A profound kiss between the two.