Chapter 15 ; A Sucide and the Self-Fooled

"GOOD MORNING!!!"

"Morning" Taiga stood up and tied her hair with a bandana she had made as she got off the hammock. Her expressionless look staring at the ground as her hands worked their way through the bandana and her nest like hair.

"Good morning" Tsukasa replied as he stared at Taiga solemly stare ahead at the wooden floor.

Her fixed eyes glanced at the stoic, serious science boy, juxtapose to when he had it and was completely undisturbed. Yet, she could see, she could feel his presence far away in a distant place. "Mornin'" Senku walked out the room.

An embraced came to her mind in a disorientated memory. One where where his lips savored hers, his half closed eyes hazy in wonder in that dark room as he delicately pulled her thigh into him. A memory that she dictated towards the back of the blank, metal wall she was made off.

Taiga walked out feeling the sun's smothering warmth calm against her skin. The intense heat would soon arrive in the afternoon though, ending the peaceful day to roast her alive. But she knew that despite of their constant bickering, the sun was her clock.

"Taiga, let's go together today" Tsukasa suggested. Taiga looked up, the only way to see the giant's face beside her. "I have to gather food today. So come with me, I'll accompany you towards the river, so that we can talk and I can help you carry the pot."

"Alright, sounds like a plan" she monotonely replied, with a tired, gentle smile. Her eyes turning to gaze at the nothing as if that was the location of where her thoughts were.

"Did something happened?" He asked, his deep voice revealing the information he already had.

She raised her brows in a blameless, questioning expression. "No. Why? Is something wrong, giant?"

"You are...thoughtful"

She stood blank processing his words until she spoke realizing a wait would cause holes into her facade. "I believe you're right. My apologies, my dear Giant" she smiled as she did a fancy bow, one hand in her stomach, the other on the air.

Tsukasa smiled at the silly girl, his eyes wondering on her lips and her beautiful eyes he could compare to the profound ocean filled with secrets nobody knew due to the deficiency of one self.

"Your leg, you need to get it check by Senku again"

"Dr. Stone" she faintly corrected. "I'll skip appointment today" she smiled as pointed the way ahead, passing by Senku before going out. "Senku, I'll be back, I'll bring water along with Tsukasa"

"Yeah" he responded as he picked up a bag filled with calcium cabonate and setting it aside without once giving a glance at her.

There was a scratch on her heart she couldn't avoid but feel it to her core. Her lips subtly tugging downward.

They both indulged themselves into the path they both knew. Even if he had spent little time awake, he had scavenge the forest in hunts and had the faculty to learn its territory like a wild animal claiming its territory.

"What is it?" She calmly asked as she held up Chicories, a beautiful lilac flower of the dandelion family she would never think was edible until she learned from the scientist it was. At sight, the faint violet flower beautiful at sight would engage the eyes in distrust. One would think the flower to be too prepossessing to be eaten without consequences. Yet, it was. Taiga stared at its beauty, twirling it around with her curious calm look. Noticing the flower veneering as a natural defense against others, but so gentle and fragile in the end.