Chapter 2 ; Stone World

"Four, five, six, seven..." he kept counting in myriad darkness. At some points he lost himself, but he returned to count parallel to keeping date of month and day, and he got used to do so without blocking into complete darkness.

They observed how the Earth changed. Plants overtook the land, storms ruined the buildings, statues crumpled, and the cement floor cracked until it became dirt. It wasn't the same Earth they lived in.

"Wake up. Wake up." Senku was anxious to wake up. He knew that if he woke up in winter, he would find trouble. Shelter would be difficult to build other than the cave he was in. Most importantly, if winter came hard the only water sources would be frozen, if he found any, and food supplies would be more than unthinkable. It would be a dead end 'ten billion percent'. He stared at the ceiling of the cave, dark it was and when light came, bats showed to live there and a yellow liquid dripped, the only sound bouncing into echos. 'Spring was a must for survival' Senku emphazise to himself as he kept counting in his solitude.

The stone cracked. It began by Senku's eye. Quite shocked that he was being freed by the rock that converted him into a statue for an eternity.

He gasped his first breath but it was cut shortly when his eyes connected with another pair of eyes. They were face to face, staring at each other's eyes.

Nobody moved when their eyes met. Gravity impulsed her down, their skins stuck together. Her arm was across his chest, her leg over his; touching his intimate part, and her breast and harden nipple against his torso. Their bodies were calid, their skin in static friction against each other. His hands were in the air, suddenly caught in her life for an eternity.

Her breath, just like his, were gone, and she began to breathe. Removing herself from him without any word. Her caramel eyes wide as she crawled back. Their breathes back into work.

She hugged herself to hide her intimate parts, puzzled and alert for any threats the young man could do to her. They weren't nice.

Senku sat up. He didn't know what to say, the girl had locked herself going into the defensive. A threatening glare on her stare. So was he.

She broke the eye connection when she looked down. Senku though, kept watching her discreetly.

"Stay here. Place the rocks you shed- right here" Senku ordered returning to his senses as he grabbed rocks tracing his body shape. She didn't respond, her sight down to herself, but as Senku exited the cave, he heard rocks and dirt move.

Senku had been holding his friend to cover it. He took a deep breath and smirked. "We're back into the stone world huh" he said to himself.

She stood on the mere edge of the cave exit, observing him. The world surrounding them in a forest of life and death. It wasn't the same.

She walked out and she started to imitated his actions of weaving. She looked at the weaving he was doing to gain instructions, since she didn't know how to. Her hands reached out to take a few plants, but none from the ones he had taken out and placed on the floor to use, and he noticed so. With a few errors in the weaving process she made it, but struggled tying them at the end.

"Here" he knelt beside her and helped her tie the ends. He then handed her a leaf woven dress, he had worked on, his head straight forward staring right into the ground interested on his work. He had his usual emotionless or arrogant face he always place when he thought of something he yet didn't have figured out.

He grabbed her work, walked away to tied it around his hips, giving her his back. She was left with the one he made which was for her. He had it foreseen.

Tension released from his face, and he made sure his knot was well tied. Rustling in the back of leafs falling and the struggle between her and the dress. He looked back to see how she was doing.