Agreements

That same day Makoto had left with his gang, the Kingdom of science began on their journey to make iron swords. Gathering iron, preparing a forge, anvil, hammer, tongs, sharpening and steel finishing tools, as well as wood working tools.

Taiga had been ordered to go scavenge iron that day. Sent to the cave along with Magma and Kohaku. She had been given a detailed description and directions of what to look for. Her attentive eyes and frown forming as she recorded his words into her mind as she repeated them. Even though, Senku gave her a piece of paper with what he had exactly said either way knowing her short memory.

"Will you be able to handle it?"

Taiga smirked and scoffed "I will for you."

"Careful with Magma. He isn't good but we need him."

"I know. I'll keep an eye on him." Taiga nodded folding the paper into her little healing bag she carried on her waist. "Will you kiss me, when I come back for bringing the iron?"

"You agreed to free labour. Don't expect anything in return."

Taiga sighed without complaints. "I'll be back soon"

"Yeah" he said as he shook her off and walked over to where Chrome, Kaseki, and Ginro stood. He would stay to instruct them and build the materials needed to make swords. Using the iron they already had to start the process.

Taiga left and she looked around looking searching for those who watched above her but without results. She would have to protect the group if the Hunter who preyed upon them decided to attack. Maybe it was a pack and not just one.

"Let's go guys" she smiled pushing forward. Noticing that the ones without fighters was the group left in the village except for the guards. Her smile widened trusting the guards to protect the village and him. Pushing Kohaku's back forward in affection. "Let's bring a lot of iron! Watch him go crazy once he has them in his hands."

"You know him quite much"

"We spent a year or more together, and we've been by each other's side since then. I have to know some things about the shiny monkey"

Kohaku laughed "shiny monkey?"

"Yeah" Taiga laughed remembering the monkeys who always followed them. She really wondered how their home was and what had been of those three monkeys. Taiga began to tell of the three monkeys to Kohaku as Magma complained in the back about her constant talking, Kohaku glared at him and ignored his comments just like Taiga who didn't even look back.

"Wished your sister died. Then we wouldn't be doing all this waste of time"

Taiga glowered at him but Kohaku turned back and punch him in the face. "SAY THAT AGAIN"

Magma swung his punch missing and receiving another punch.

"STOP!" Taiga yelled getting in between and getting punched by Magma.

They both stopped. Taiga stood still glaring at them as she ignored her pain on her arms she had used to block Magma's punch. "We're here to look for iron. Watch your mouth" she reprimanded Magma. "and you...you guys can beat each other up once we are back. But right now we are working together for iron. Is that clear?"

Kohaku glowered and Taiga understood her confrontation. Her hand on her back as she pushed her forward. Soothing her.

"Come on Magma, we're almost there"  she said looking back to encourage him to attach along.

Magma followed without a word but with a deadly glare. Taiga looked ahead again and she rubbed Kohaku's back. Careful of each step she took for the ground was getting softer and more trees surrounded them, the small trail Chrome had probably traced was fading.