Chapter 8 ; Days

He opened his eyes feeling the hands of a certain girl tightly wrapped around his waist. He decided to stay in that position thinking about the night before due to being uncertain as to what to do and because he strangely enjoyed her touch.

She had opened up a little to him, and that was great because he got the chance to know her more. He enjoyed her company, her voice in that quiet world where he was the only one breathing in that oxygen, but sharing that element was comforting and encouraging. Yet at times he felt like she was planning to kill him. Such as her momentarily alarming stares, her words, her moves, and simply the way she always showed restraint of a wild tiger inside.

"Oi" he raised his arm and attempted to look behind at the attached leach. "Oi" he said slightly louder.

"Mm" she just hugged tighter. She looked pretty as she breathed in complete tranquillity.

"Taiga" he spoke out "wake up" he said as he tried to get out of her strong grip that held him down.

She opened her eyes slowly and looked at him in a sleepy way. She then timidly took her arms away realizing their position, sitting up . "Aye captain" she timidly said with redden ears "what's the plan today?"

"Survive, clothing, and lab." he stood up and walked out the room allowing her to stay to get ready for their day. He climbed down and began to wash his mouth with water.

They ate edible plants and Senku finished the clothing afterwards. He sat on the ground  struggling to measure and sew the sleeves. "Here" she said as she held it for him after watching him struggle for about minutes.

"Thanks"

She took the needle out his hands and sew the top of it, so that they knew where it had to go. Which took some time.

"Don't move!" She gently yelled

"Well, don't poke me with the needle"

"I didn't"

Senku placed a poker face as he wanted to say 'really?'

"Sorry" she admitted "but don't move or I'll be poking you accidentally" she blushed nervous about her task

"Sorry" she admitted "but don't move or I'll be poking you accidentally" she blushed nervous about her task. It was simple, but she was afraid to fail. Her hands shook being close to the stranger, yet she relaxed as she realized there was no threats, and that he had not harmed her before even when he had the chance. Instead, he had comforted her, taken care of her. She smiled as she pulled the needle, telling him to take it off as she would continue to work on it without him wearing it.

He saw her smile and he couldn't avoid but feel triumphant about it. She was going easy, her gentle side out. He left her to continue sewing the clothing as he went out to do the more harder work, such as the wood cutting for the lab, and checking the traps which consisted of killing, dragging and skinning.