Chapter 1: Zoë

Zoë took a deep breath. Here she was. Finally, After 12 years of waiting.

Being a child (and only daughter ) of the famous Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase meant Zoë was a legacy. A legacy is a descendant of a demigod or a god. In her case, she was the direct child of two powerful demigods, and the grandchild of two powerful gods. They say that a legacy barely has any special abilities. Zoë soon found out that this did not apply to her. She'd had a few cases.

A gorgeous landscape stretched out in front of her. The sun was sinking, but had not yet touched the horizon. A large statue of her grandmother, Athena, stood proudly on a hill, her glow radiating the camp in a golden light. Camp Half-Blood really was beautiful. Zoë smiled and took a deep breath of the sweet-smelling evening air.

Again, because she's not technically a half-blood, she didn't have to go. But since she begged her parents (for the last 7 years) They've decided to let her visit—-finally. (Apparently, they didn't let her visit before because she was "too young")

So here she was. Standing inside camp. Trembling with excitement and fear. Would the demigods accept her? Would they like her? Zoë wasn't known for making friends.

"Comin through!" Zoë yelped as her second youngest brother, Ethan, dashed in front of her, a toy airplane in his hands.

Micheal stuck his tongue out at Zoë. Zoë stuck her tongue back at him.

"Ethan!" Annabeth Jackson, her mother, called. "You haven't put on your sunscreen!"

Ethan then stuck his tongue out at Annabeth. He was certainly going to get in trouble for that. Zoë smirked as she watched him cringe slightly.

"Ethan Lee Jackson, you come here right now----!"

Another thing. Zoë had three younger brothers. Luke, who was 8, Ethan, who was 5,  and Charles, who was 1. Zoë did not have any sisters. She wished, for the billionth time, that she did.

Her parents and brothers were back in the minivan, unloading. Zoë nervously stayed stuck to the spot, pretending to enjoy the view.

Time of truth. Zoë Thalia Jackson was shy. And Zoë Thalia Jackson was never shy. In fact, she was the total opposite of that. She was the bossiest, smartest, most prepared kid in the whole school.

Zoë was too shy to go inside the camp.

"You can go on, Sweetie," Annabeth called, rubbing Micheal's face with sunscreen as she looked up at Zoë. Her blonde hair was all over her face, and she had dark bags under her stormy gray eyes. "We promise we'll be right there with you in a sec," She added, just as Zoë was about to open her mouth.

Zoë has most in common with her Mom, being smart and organized, and good at making plans. Zoë had her eyes set on being an architect when she grew up, like Annabeth was. Courtesy of Athena, her Grandmother.

Zoë had never met her godly grandparents, but had heard enough stories. Athena was the goddess of wisdom and knowledge, along with crafts and war. Her grandfather, Posieden, was the god of water and horses. Zoë really wanted to meet them, at least once.

"Why don't you check out the lake?" Percy suggested, looking back from Charlie's car seat. The smell told Zoë what was going on. It happened a lot in the car.

Her face must have lit up, because Percy smiled knowingly. Zoë loved water. It was one thing she had in common with her father. Zoë just felt safe in water, under control. She could control it. She could breathe underwater.

Zoë looked back at the legendary Camp and took a deep breath. She could do this. She put her right foot forward, then her left. Soon she was briskly walking inside, covering her face with her neck-length hair. She came across a few campers, who stopped to look at her, awe etched on their faces as their eyes traveled from the minivan to Zoë.