Chapter 32: Zoe

Zoe honestly didn't know what happened after that. She had no idea how they got all the way from Alaska to Camp again. What she did know was that it ook hours and hours, a few very helpful Nerideds, a nice Auri and a crazy car which Rose built when they were fighting for their lives(It was actually a small device that popped into a car. Sort of like the hunter's tents)

So what did all the campers think when five half-dead legacies and one beaten up nature spirit stumbled into the camp?

Zoe was grounded.

It was the most humiliating, embarrassing, miserable day of her life. She would rather face ten hydras and give Lisa back her staff then hear her mother scream at her for two hours straight. The worst part? She was grounded.

Zoe had NEVER been grounded in her whole life. She was a good kid who always followed rules. Hearing those three words shattered her good soul for the years to come.

Silena and Rose found this incredibly funny. Even Marie was giggling. Only Bianca seemed to understand. The poor girl was grounded for even longer than Zoe by her fathers.

Zoe found out that all of the others had been grounded before, Rose the most. Silena managed to escape punishment with her charmspeak, but that was just her father. Her mother was charmspeak-resistant, so poor Silena's tricks were pretty useless.

They had a meeting that night at the campfire after a whole day of yelling and crying and don't-you-ever-do-that-again-or-else from their mothers (Or fathers) and after taking a nice bath and getting new, fresh clothes.

They took turns explaining their quest, about Lisa disguised as Cora and about the prophecy. Nella the harpy was also at camp. She's somehow made it back safely, being the smart harpy she was. Then Cora, the real Cora, took a deep breath and explained her part of the story.

She looked much better, even pretty. Her red hair was clean and bouncy. Her freckles were visible on her pale complexion. Her jade green eyes glittered brightly. Zoe couldn't see how she was the oracle, but she strongly believed it.

She still couldn't believe how she figured all that out. It just sort of spilled out of her, like water leaking fast. All the tension and worry seemed to have left her body. It had to be the truth, and it was.

In the end, everyone was frozen in shock. Ciron's expression was grim.

"I can't believe she did that." Annabeth shook her head. "I thought our worries were over, but it seems we have another problem if the girl is not dead."

"She isn't." Bianca said. She looked much better too, no longer like the dark and brooding girl Zoe knew. Her eyes were brighter and her hair was pulled up in a ponytail so that Zoe could see her whole face clearly. "I can feel it, and so can Marie. Maybe we can—"

"Oh, no young lady," Nico scowled. "You are not going anywhere. The rest of us will figure this out."

Bianca looked outraged. "Dad! It was me who—-"

"Your father is right, Bianca. It's too dangerous." Will said gently. "We just don't want you to be hurt. Look at that shoulder!"

"I healed it myself!"

"Nico, Will." Piper said in a soothing voice. She was standing with Silena, Tristan and Jason. She seemed uncomfortable next to Jason but she did a good job hiding it. "It's alright. We'll deal with it later. I'm just glad all of you are safe."

"So am I, but imagine if something happened. We all didn't know where you were. You could have been easily hurt." Annabeth's voice shook.

'But we're not," Zoe said. "Mom, we're fine."