Chapter 21: Bianca

The nightmare started out bad. And then it was still bad. Bianca couldn't decide which part was the worst.

As soon as she closed her eyes, her feet seemed to hit solid ground. The sun's light hit her eyes, temporarily blinding her. The air around her felt warm and friendly and very, very familiar. When she finally managed to look at her surroundings her blood turned ice cold.

She was in Camp Half-blood, in the dining pavilion.

But she couldn't be in camp. It was impossible. She was on a quest. This had to be a dream. But everything seemed so. . . realistic.

What Bianca saw next froze her completely.

Her father, as in Nico Di-Angelo, was literally right in front of her. He was leaning over something on a table, muttering to himself. His feathery hair covered his face so Bianca couldn't see him clearly.

Another man strode into the pavilion. Bianca let out a strangled noise, but both the men didn't seem to hear her.

"Anything?" Will Solace's voice sounded desperate. His face was white and there were dark bags under his eyes.

Nico finally looked up. He looked just as awful as Will.

"Nothing." Nico admitted.

There was a long pause. Finally, Will said "We'll find her,"

"I don't know. It's been a week, Will, and we have no idea—" His voice trailed off. Bianca realized that his voice was shaking ever so slightly. "I just can't lose her. Not again. Not like that,"

Bianca felt like her heart was cracking. Her fathers were looking for her and the others. How sumb had they been? They'd been gone for a week now and they'd just expected their parents to not find out about anything. The more she thought about it, the more she wondered how she could have been so stupid.

"We won't," Will said firmly, and he sat next to Nico and wrapped his arm around him. "We'll find her. We'll find all of them,"

Nico traced his finger across the map. "Percy and Annabeth talked to Rachel. Apparently her daughter is missing too,"

Everything else disappeared from Bianca's mind. Percy and Annabeth talked to Rachel. Apparently her daughter is missing too.

That couldn't be possible. The whole reason they were on this quest was to save Rachel Dare. She couldn't be back at camp.

Suddenly, Nico looked straight at Bianca. His eyes widened. "Bianca!" He called, and got up from his chair. Startled, Bianca stumbled back, and everything went black.

When she was able to open her eyes again, she was in a white room. There seemed to be no walls. Just blankness.

A guy was in front of her. He had golden hair and a bow that matched it. His eyes were a playful shade of blue, and his teeth seemed to be whiter than the room itself. He was wearing a simple Camp half-blood T-shirt and jeans. He could have passed for a normal, handsome teenager.

But he wasn't a normal mortal. He radiated power, and Bianca instantly knew who he was.

"Lord Apollo," She didn't feel much like bowing, but she did it anyway.

"Oh, no need for the 'lord'," Apollo grinned good-naturedly. "Just 'Apollo' would be fine. Or 'Grandfather' would be fine too,"

"Why are you here, Apollo?" Bianca interrupted.

The god rolled his eyes. "You remind me so much of your father. And I mean Nico, Not Will. You're not much like Will, are you?" His eyes twinkled.

Bianca gritted her teeth. A flood of emotion had formed in her chest. It was her first time meeting a god. And that god happened to be not only her grandfather but the reason she existed. "Please just state the reason,"