Chapter 13: Zoe

"Well, that's done," Silena sighed, walking back to them from the lady at the airport desks(At least that's what Zoe thought they were. She didn't spend her time on Airports much) "I've told her that we're the kids of a certain pilot—-"

"Kids?" Laura bletated. "We're not kids, silly. At least, you guys are not. Kids are baby goats!"

"Kids are also young humans, Laura," Marie told her. Laura seemed to find this shocking.

"—and that we can freely get on any plane we want." Silena continued. "And I gave her another penny, she thinks it's gold—What next, Zoe?"

"Great," Zoe snapped her book shut and looked up at Silena. The rest of them had been waiting on the chairs lined up against the tall walls. "Now we just have to stick to that story and somehow convince the pilot that we're his kids. Easy,"

Silena looked offended. "Well, why don't you go and—"

"Can we get on a good plane? The reason I threw up that many times was because that plane was horrible," Rose interrupted, looking from Zoe to Silena hopefully.

"I'm fine with what I have," Laura pulled out a tin can. She wrinkled her nose. "They smell funny, though,"

"I—we'll see. Anyways, here's the plan—-"

"Wait, Zoe, it might be easier to tell the pilot something else," Marie interjected. "Maybe—maybe Silena can tell him that our parents are on the plane or something,"

"That'll definitely be easier," Silena agreed. "I can, like, use the wind to make a random couple's hands wave, maybe—"

"Hmm—--yeah, that might work better," Zoe said, biting her lip. "Alright. Marie, Bianca, Rose–you guys are going to be our cousins. Silena, Laura and I will be the ones talking to the pilot. Anyways, you three have to find a couple and stand—next to them—and Silena I'll make their hands wave—or maybe that bit's too much—"

"Or we can just walk in," Rose offered. They all stared at her. She shrugged.

"The Las Vegas plane is departing in two hours," Bianca said suddenly. "If that's the one we're taking—"

"No, we're going to Argentina, Bi," Rose said sarcastically. "Not Las Vegas,"

"Rose, if you don't shut up—--"

"Two hours!" Silena said brightly. "That's plenty of time! Why don't we do something?"

"Like eating?" Rose offered as her stomach gave a loud grumble. Silena rolled her eyes. "Sure. But let's do something else first. How about shopping? We could go to the Mall, I'm sure there's one here—-" Her eyes brightened.

"No!" Rose, Zoe, Laura and Bianca cried out together. Zoe looked at the other three in mild surprise. Apparently, they shared her hate of the Mall.

"Malls are bad for me," Laura shuddered. "The last time I was there . . ." She shuddered again, giving her tin can a hard bite.

"I don't mind," Marie shrugged. "I'm fine with shopping,"

"Well, I certainly mind," Rose snapped. "I'm not going to the Mall in a billion years—-"

"Oh, yes you are," Silena told her, an evil smirk on her face. "All of you are. Have you guys seen your clothes? Bianca, your shirt is literally shredded. Zoe, what in the world happened to yours? And Rose, don't even get me started on you! You're half covered in mud for starters!"

There was no changing Silena's mind. She dragged them to a nearby Macys and picked out new clothes for all of them. The worst part? The clothes she picked happen to be against Zoe's better judgment. In the end, Zoe ended up with a simple blue shirt(After much glares and threats on her side) Rose got a new pair of jeans and an orange T-shirt, which Zoe knew she actually liked though she worked hard to hide it, Marie got a new jean jacket as her old one had ripped, Bianca got a new shirt(black), Laura didn't get anything(She stayed in a corner, glancing around at everyone as if they would suddenly pounce on her) and Silena—well, there were no words. But Zoe had to admit, it was rather fun, trying out funny things and laughing at Rose's desperate attempts to escape Silena's selections.