22

When they got to the car, and Hobi added the newest bags with the others, Bella pushed him up against the vehicle. He looked at her in amusement, but he opened his arms wide; he knew what she wanted. Bella jumped, and he caught her quickly. She grabbed his hand and rubbed it all over her face. 

Once she was satisfied that the skank's scent was no longer on him, Bella did the same with his neck on both sides. She leaned forward to sniff, and it made her purr. The hoe bag wasn't a Hybrid, so it's not like she could smell Bella on him. To most humans, she smelled like flowers; that tart biscuit would assume it was his body wash.

But that didn't matter to Bella. She needed him to smell like her, not that soggy waffle. "Sorry about that back there, and um, for just now."

His hand was still rubbing up and down her back in soothing circles. "Don't be, I think it's adorable. But you did say that you were hungry, right?" She nodded, and he started walking towards the food area.

"Yah, I can walk, you know?"

"I do, but maybe I need these men to know that you are taken as well. Did you think about that?" She pulled back so she could look at him. "I see them looking at you. Even now, with you wrapped around me like a spider monkey, they are all staring at you with want in their eyes."

Bella peeked around and saw what he was talking about. She whimpered and laid her face on his neck. She's safe; no one can hurt her here. Hobi will keep her safe. "Does Mexican food sound okay?"

"I don't know what that is, so sure."

"Oh, baby girl, I can't wait to show you how great it is, as well as so many other things." He held her in his arms until it was time for them to sit down. The hostess looked so annoyed by the PDA that she literally rolled her eyes at Bella.

Hobi didn't care, though. He sat on the same side of the booth as Bella and pulled her practically into his lap. Her nose went up in the air. "There are hybrids here."

"It's a hybrid-friendly restaurant," he muttered as if it were no big deal. Are there hybrid-friendly restaurants?

"I didn't know there were such things," she whispered.

"There aren't many, but more and more are popping up as more humans become okay with it. Which is stupid that it would even be an issue at all." He makes her smile, and he is so sweet. He wasn't saying that to make her feel better; he was saying it because he meant it. "Want me to order for you?"

"Please." He ordered her a chicken quesadilla, and he got enchiladas. He also ordered chips and salsa as well as queso. She just nodded her head along with him so she didn't look like an idiot because she only knew what the chips, salsa, and queso were, and that's only because the guys had that at home, and she tried it one day before they knew she wasn't a cat.

When our food was brought to them, Bella squeezed his thigh tightly. "What's wrong, baby girl?"

She couldn't even say anything; she whimpered and crawled into his lap. He seemed confused, but he didn't push her away. Their plates were sat down on the table, and he looked up; there was a wolf hybrid that brought their food. Bella turned and shoved her face into Hobi's neck, hiding as best as she could. The waiter laughed at Hobi's confusion: "I'm a wolf; she's a cat. It's instinctual for her to be scared." He bent down a bit and lowered his voice to a calming tone, "I won't hurt you, kitty, I promise. You are safe here."

She looked up but was too scared to say anything, so she nodded her head. Thankfully, he left them, and she felt like she could finally breathe. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I've only seen a wolf hybrid once. He was fighting Nich, and I was just finishing up my heat, and he wanted me. I'm still not sure how Nich beat him. I mean, a fox against a wolf." Her whole body shook at the memory. It was scary. That wolf really wanted to get her. Bella could smell the jealousy coming off of him in waves. "I'm sorry. I know you don't want to hear about him."

He sighed, but it was more of a sigh of anger at himself than at her. "It's okay, baby girl. He's a part of your past and took care of you when we couldn't. As much as I want to hate him, I can't, and that's what annoys me most."

Bella laid her head against his chest, just breathing him in. All of them were so comforting; all she had to do was smell them, which calmed her. He kissed the top of her head and fed her and himself their lunch. It was yummy. She enjoyed everything even more when she got to have him feed her and stay in his lap. "You ready to head back? They should be home soon."

They carried all of her bags in, and she pouted. She didn't have a room. Where was she going to put all of this? He reached over and kissed the crease between her eyebrows. "Stop overthinking, baby girl. All of this is going in my room. If they want to have your stuff in their rooms, then they can buy it."

Bella scoffed, "I don't need any more clothes, Hobi. You already bought too many."

He pulled her in for a kiss, a possessive kiss that made her want to push him on the couch and ride him until we both screamed in pleasure. Based on his smell, he'd like that as well. "Once they see you wearing clothes I bought you. Trust me, they will be clamoring to buy you stuff."