34

Bella leaned over the center console and ran her finger up Joon's chest and across his bottom lip, "just think? I need to work a little harder then." Then she pulled back, plopped back into her seat, and got buckled up. "Ready, Freddy?"

He finally returned to the world, shook his head, smirked at the hybrid, and started his car. They made their way to the courthouse; he helped her out of the truck, grabbed her hand, and dragged her inside. "Sit here, and I'll drop off the paperwork. I'll be right back."

Joon turned around and walked into the hybrid adoption office to drop off the paperwork. He didn't want to leave Bella alone too long; he could tell she was nervous. When it was his turn, he walked up to the desk, " Hi, I'd like to drop off paperwork so I can adopt my hybrid."

"Of course, Sir, will you be the sole owner?"

"No, Ma'am, there are seven of us. Is that a problem?"

She reviewed the paperwork and hummed, "No, it's fine. The paperwork seems to be in order." She stamped everything and gave him a copy. " Congrats on your new Hybrid. Your new kitty named Bella is officially yours."

Joon grinned at her; he knew that his dimples were on full display. "Thank you. You have no idea just how excited we are to have her." He bowed a bit and then walked back into the hallway to see Bella watching his every move.

"So.. is it official?"

Joon grinned and opened his arms wide for her to jump into. "It is, Bells, you are officially ours!" She started cheering in excitement, and it made his heart so happy. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the little box he'd prepared earlier. "Bells, I got something for you. I'm not sure if you'll like it. If you don't, that's okay. We can get you something else."

Her eyes were wide as she looked at him while he was rambling. She held out her hand, and he handed her the box. Joon watched as she opened it. He wanted to get her a collar, and eventually, he would, but he was curious if she wanted to wear an actual collar in public; she had mentioned it but hadn't said anything since, so he opted for a choker. 

This one was brown braided leather with three strands. "I know you wanted a collar, and I promise to get one. I just wanted to give you a different option in case you weren't ready for a collar in public. You don't have to wear it if you don't like it..."

Joon was rambling, and they both knew it. He was just so nervous. She stopped his monologue by kissing him softly, "Can you put it on me, please?"

"You like it?"

She wrapped her arms around him tightly. He looked down, and she looked up at him with her chin in the middle of his chest. "Joonie, I love it, and you."

His heart swelled when he heard, "Bells, I love you too." Then he took the choker from the box and wrapped it around her. He couldn't help but run his finger over the strands; he liked seeing it there. He bought her something that tells other people she is his hybrid.

"I knew you loved me!"

Joon rolled his eyes at her antics and grabbed her hand. "Come on, the museum is down the block, and we can walk there." She practically skipped down the sidewalk beside him. She talked a mile a minute, and her hand touched her choker softly. "Are you that happy?"

"You have no idea. I'm officially yours. You gave me a collar, and you smell like me. The only thing that could improve this is if you wore my mark."

He stopped walking. He needed to talk to her about that. Yes, he desperately wanted her to mark him, but he knew just how upset Tae was that she was marking them and not him. He wanted her mark. "Bells, I need to talk to you about that."

She stopped skipping, and the look on her face made him want to cry. She looked so hurt. "Do you not want my mark?"

Joon reached down and placed his finger under her chin, forcing her to look him in the eyes. He could see she was trying so hard not to cry. "I want it so bad that I'm tempted to drag you back to my truck and have you do it there." She smiled at him and started dragging him back the way they came. "Bells, wait."

Her frown broke his heart, but he needed her to understand where he was coming from: "Tae is hurt, really hurt. He wants your mark so bad, and he sees you marking us. I don't want to hurt my little brother, so can you mark him before you mark me?"

"I hurt Tae?" Her tears spilled over, and she was starting to shake.

"Not on purpose, Bells. He just wants your mark so badly. I think it's harder for him because he knows he's your true mate."

She sniffled and nodded, "I wonder if Jimin feels the same way?"

He was trying his hardest to keep up with her tears, but they were falling frantically, "I'm not sure; I know he wants it, but he hasn't made it as known as Tae has. So, while I want you to mark me desperately, please mark Tae first?"

"I can do that. I can mark him tonight before dinner if that's okay with you?"

Joon rolled his eyes a bit, "he'll love that even more when he realizes that you haven't marked me yet. Tae's hella petty, but it's him, so we roll with it." Thankfully, she stopped crying, so he retook her hand, "Are you ready to see the exhibits?"

"So ready." So off they went. She bounced around the museum from exhibit to exhibit. She'd run off to look at something and then run back to him when she realized he wasn't right beside her. She couldn't stand still; her excitement was infectious and adorable. "Joonie, look at this. Do you see this?"