7: Buttons

Peter Parker had lived just fine. Wanda used her magic to mend his skin even faster.

"It didn't hit any main arteries." Mr. Stark had said. "He'll be fine."

"Hi, Max." Peter interrupted. He had been sitting in a hospital bed, listening to our conversation from a couple of feet away.

I smiled.

"What's up?"

I stared at him.

"Oh sorry. You don't know what that means."

I widened my eyes, pointing to the bandages on his torso.

"Oh, yeah those are just for precautions. I should be fine by the end of the day."

I stared, looking around the room for something to write on.

"What do you need?" He asked.

I did the typing motion again.

"Mr. Stark, is there anything she could write with?" Peter asked.

"Huh?" He turned around.

I did the typing motion, then writing with a pen.

"You want something to write with." I nodded. "Okay, give me a minute."

"So how are you doing?" Peter asked me.

I did a thumbs up, then glanced at his bandages again. He had a flannel shirt on, unbuttoned so someone could access the bandages easily. I motioned to them.

"I'm fine, seriously."

I raised my eyebrows.

"Really, I'm okay. It didn't even hurt that much."

I crossed my arms.

"Okay maybe it did but I feel worse for waking everyone up. Steve and Bucky came down to check on me and, even Natasha and Mr. Barton stopped by before they went to train."

I smiled.

"Did you sleep okay?" He questioned. "I'm sorry for waking you up, but thank you for getting everything under control."

I nodded.

"And I-"

"I'm back!" Mr. Stark announced, stepping through the doors with two small rings in one hand. He pulled up the swivel chair and placed the devices by Peter's feet on the bed. 

"What's that?" Peter asked.

"This," He picked one up. "Is a hologram generated keyboard. Hold out your hand." He said.

I lifted my right arm, allowing Mr. Stark to place the bracelet around my wrist. A small black box stuck out at the underside of it, a small button on the inside.

"I use these when planning projects." He explained. "The holograms are connected to my lab, but I reprogrammed them so they will project in front of you no matter what." He placed the other on my left wrist. "Just press the button and type."

"Cool!" Peter sat up, inspecting them closer. 

I pressed the button on one, and half a keyboard flickered in front of my hand. Peter quickly clicked the other button, and a light blue keyboard outline had been projected in front of me.

"It's completely interactive, and as long as your palms are facing the board, it will stay projected."

I pressed the letter a. A blue a flashed above the board. I kept pressing random keys, typing a bunch of word junk. I reached for the backspace key, though there was none.