55: Meet

"Max?" Peter shook my shoulder. He didn't have his suit on anymore.

"Huh-" I sat up.

"You fell asleep." He noted.

"Ah," I nodded, looking around. I was still at the table, along with everyone else.

"Hi Max," Stark rolled his eyes and waved.

"What-" I looked at Peter, who had sat next to me. He didn't have his suit on. "Put your suit on!"

"It's fine." He muttered. "They know who I am now.

"Yep, he introduced himself and everything," Stark added. "He's now available for help when anyone needs."

"Yep!" Peter exclaimed. "And we're working on names."

"Oh?" I asked. "Lemme hear 'em." I looked at everyone.

Three, the blond girl spoke first. "Carrie."

"Oh, like Carrie, from Carrie." I nodded.

She frowned. "What?"

"You'll see," Stark said. He nodded to the boy next to her, the one with spiky black hair, and then the boy next to me, the one with mousy brown hair. "And you two?"

"Uh, Callum." The boy next to Carrie stated.

"And Oliver." The boy next to me spoke up.

"Good names!" Peter smiled.

I nodded.

"Everyone else is still working on theirs, so now they just go by numbers," Stark explained. "So if we could go around in a circle, say your name? Start with you." He pointed to the first girl.

"Number two." She muttered.

"Carrie."

"Callum."

"Number five."

"Number six."

"Oliver."

I  looked at Stark. He nodded to me. "Oh, I guess I'm going. I'm Max Pierce."

"Peter Parker. Also known as Spiderman." Peter smiled.

"And Tony Stark."

Once the meeting was over, we took a 'field trip' so Stark could show everyone their rooms. Apparently, there were enough un-filled rooms in the Avengers suites, that everyone got their own with more leftover. They were on the other side, however. 

The area was set up like a big square, so each room had windows facing outside. There were over thirty rooms, according to Stark, so it was more than enough. Much more than half of the avengers didn't live in the tower, but a few, like Sam, and Peter stayed there a lot. Apparently, Steve Rogers had an apartment but moved into the tower once he realized rent was free because it was Tony Stark. Peter said he stayed here a lot because he couldn't hang out with me or Harley outside of the tower. Sam just lived far away and didn't want to be away during important missions. A lot of other people just stopped by, like Strange, Scott, and Hope.

Everyone had twenty minutes to change and freshen up, so I was sitting with Peter the entire time. Harley was doing something important down in the labs, he told me.

We were sitting against the wall, something I could now do without wings.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked.

I dropped off the side of the roof and broke what felt like every bone in my body.

"Yeah," I muttered. "I don't want to talk about it. Did anything happen to you while I was gone?"

He raised his eyebrows. "Are you sure-"

"Yes, I don't want to fucking talk about it Peter," I said. "Now update me on everything."

"Um, everyone knows Spiderman is gay now." He smiled. 

"What?!" I exclaimed. "What happened?"

"Uh, fun story." His smile dropped. "I kissed Harley in the suit, and then we were swinging through times square, and suddenly a photo of it popped up everywhere, like a minute after it happened."

"Oh geez." I pursed my lips. "Are you okay?"

"Ugh, I don't know." He groaned. "Everyone first thought I was some kind of kid predator, then we had to schedule a press conference about it."

"Ooh." I winced. "When's that?"

"Tomorrow." He muttered. "Harley has to go, and I have to tell everyone I'm just a teenager. Which will both fix my reputation, and absolutely destroy it."

"How?"

"Well I won't be accused of being a predator anymore, but no one's gonna take a teenager seriously. They already identified Harley as himself in the picture, so we can't really deny it's not. It's clearly him." He slumped against the wall, sticking his feet in the hall. "And now I'm that much closer to accidentally revealing my identity."

"Hey, it's fine," I added. "Just think, now you don't have to hide Harley."

"But no one's gonna want a tiny gay spider thing as an avenger." He said.

"They already have a tiny gay spider as an avenger." I pursed my lips. "They're just aware of it now."

He glared at me.

"Sorry."

"No, I should be sorry. You just went through something insanely traumatic and I ranted about my problems." He dropped his head in his hands. "I'm so sorry-"

"No, it's fine," I replied. "It's exactly what I wanted, to talk about anything other than that."

Peter glanced at me.

With a click of a door handle, a person stepped out. Peter and I both looked up.

It was Carrie, with a pair of sweatpants and a zip-up sweatshirt on over a white tank top. She stood outside her door waiting for the others. 

Soon enough, Two, Callum, and Five joined her. Then Oliver, then Six, who left just at the twenty-minute mark.

"Perfect, everyone, come here." Stark had a sharpie in one hand, and a pile of nametags in the other. "Once everyone has a name, I'm going to make you all IDs that will get you anywhere you need, but for now, we're stuck with nametags like these." He passed it to me. I quickly scribbled my name down and stuck it on my shirt, then passed the thing to Peter.

"I'm sending Pete to the commons room with you all, where everyone there will have a nametag." He explained. "And if you don't want to go right now, stay back with me."

Carrie immediately whispered something to Six. He laughed.

"Once you've got a nametag, join me by the elevator," Stark said.