20: Red Carpet part 2

We walked on for a while, going a minute without an interview. We were about halfway around, meaning there were still lots to go.

Someone grabbed one of my wings. I stepped away and drew them closer.

"Come on, he looks fine." Harley brought us over to a new reporter. "Hi, I'm Spiderman!"

"Spiderman! And a girl with wings! What an honor." He replied, glancing at me. "You must be the newest avenger."

I nodded.

"And I see you are important enough to even have a bodyguard!"

Harley scowled. "I'm Harley Keener, son of Tony Stark and future owner of Stark Industries."

"Ah, my apologies." He said. "Well, anyway, how's the night going for you guys?"

I shrugged. 

"It's always so cool to come to shows like this!" Peter exclaimed. "And it's nice to see everyone here."

"Ah, interesting. Now, I was wondering, how do your wings work?"

I glanced at him.

"Are they mechanical, like the falcons, or are they real?"

"They're real," Harley said.

"Wow. Can you fly?"

I nodded.

"I would love to see that someday. Were you born on earth or are you from another realm, like Thor?"

I shrugged. Honestly, I didn't know my backstory well. I was born with wings. I grew up in the lab until I was fifteen. Then I moved to the tower.

"We don't know," Harley said.

"How do you not know your own backstory?" The man chuckled. "Come on little lady, answer a question."

I stared at him.

"Just one?" He asked.

I shrugged.

"Alright, what's your name?"

"Max," Harley answered.

"Let her answer a question." The man protested. 

I glanced at Harley.

"Uhh, we need to get going." Harley spoke. He grabbed my arm and started walking away.

"Are you okay?" The man grabbed my other arm. "Do you need help?"

I shook my head.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded.

"Positive?"

I nodded again, and tugged my arm out of his grip.

"Sorry." Harley whispered. "I didn't realize something like that would happen."

I shrugged.

"Do you want to do more or are you done?" He asked. 

I shrugged again.

"Want to leave?"

I thought for a moment. "I'm not sure."

"Because we can just walk past everyone." He continued.

I watched as Peter was dragged into another conversation.

"Do you want to do a few more, and we can leave whenever you feel like it?" He suggested.

I nodded.

"Okay, just tug on my sleeve to get my attention if you feel uncomfortable."