8: Sleepover

Peter and I spent the night in my room, moving there so I could lay on my bed. Peter made himself a web hammock in the corner and laid there while we hung out.

"So when do you want to start training?" Peter asked. He turned to face me so he could see what I replied with.

I don't know.

"I've got patrol Tuesday, Thursday, and Sunday nights, and debate team after school on Wednesdays so how about after school every day? Or every other day if that's too much."

I'm up for anything.

"Okay cool!" He exclaimed. "How about we start tomorrow? It's a Wednesday, so May is gonna pick me up here."

Who is May?

"Oh my gosh, I never told you! She's my aunt, and she's really nice. Maybe you can even meet her tomorrow. I told her about you yesterday."

I gave him a thumbs up.

"We should turn on some music."

I didn't reply. I'd only ever heard piano music drifting through the lab while I was in my class.

"What's your favorite song?"

I shrugged.

"You don't have a favorite song?" He sat up, hammock swaying slightly.

I don't listen to music.

"You don't listen to music?!" He jumped out of his hammock. "We've got to change that right now." He left the room.

I sat up, holding my wings out of the way so I didn't accidentally pull out any feathers, and waited for him to come back. I could hear him rummaging around in his room for a few moments, and then he burst back in.

"Okay," He closed the door and placed a small black box on the floor. "The walls are soundproof." He explained, scrolling through his phone. "You have got to listen to Led Zepplin."

A loud song started blasting from what I presumed was a speaker. It was an interesting style of sound, much different than the piano I'd heard previously. I didn't know what it was called, but the beat was very prominent.

"Sorry." Peter rushed to turn the volume down, blushing as he set it back down. He then slipped his phone in his pocket and stuck his hands to the ceiling, climbing back into his hammock.

I clapped my hands lightly, smiling.

"Ah, thank you." He grinned. "A perk of being a spider, I can climb walls and stuff."

I smiled.

"What do you think of the music?"

It's good.

"Cool." 

We sat in silence for a while. It was nearing ten o'clock when the door was thrown open, the music still blasting.

"What are you two doing?" Mr. Stark asked. He looked exhausted, dark purple bags under each eye and his shoulders dropped.

Peter rolled out of his hammock and crashed on the ground. "Hey, Mr. Stark."

"What are you doing in here Parker?"

"We were just hanging out." 

I scooched off the bed, standing next to him, nodding.

He looked at me. "You've got a new shirt." He noted.

I nodded.

He raised his eyebrows, turning around. "If anything happens between you two-"