50: Live Feed

Harley

Tony burst into the room halfway through a new hope. 

"Harley! Peter!" He shouted. "You two need to come with me. Bucky too. Everyone else, it's fine. Stay here."

I paused the movie.

"What's wrong?" Peter asked. He kicked the blanket off and stood up.

"You three, now. Come with me." He turned back to the elevator.

Peter vaulted over the couch, and I climbed over it as well. 

We entered the elevator as a group of four, finding Vision floating next to us, and FRIDAY a blip on the wall.

"Descending to Level sixty-nine. Boss's office and workshop." She said, the floor immediately dropping.

I fumbled for a railing, but Peter grabbed my shoulder.

"Is this about Max?" Bucky asked.

"Hold on." Tony held a finger over his mouth.

"Why do you need Bucky if it's about Max?" Peter asked frantically.

"Shut up about Max!" Tony shouted. The doors opened, and he immediately walked out and entered his workshop.

We all followed him after, then he shut the glass door tight and flipped a switch, where a small red blinking light appeared by the lock pad.

"Now talk." He said. "That's for all of your protection." 

"What is this about?" Bucky asked, approaching Tony.

"Is it Max?" I asked. "What's going on?"

"Yes, it's about Max." Tony groaned, walking over to his hologram table. "Two days ago, this was sent to my personal email address. FRIDAY just finished inspection for bugs. But you all need to see this."

A large rectangle was projected above the table. There was a dot blinking in the corner, and a time stamp on the bottom, set at the exact time.

"It's a live feed," Tony muttered.

The video showed a large white room, with glass walls, and a huge blue chair with a ton of electrical wires around it. Sitting in the chair, was Max. She had a medical gown on, but the front was cut open to stick wires all over her. Her chest was covered in bandages, and the rest of her body was strapped to the chair.

There were six people holding clipboards behind her, two men hovering over a control panel to the left, and a man on a rolling stool talking to her.

She was gagged, with the audio playing over a speaker.

"What is this?" Peter asked, holding a hand over her exposed chest in the video. "Where is she?"

"That's a live feed," Tony explained. "From an unknown IP address, and I can't trace her location."

Bucky was frozen behind me.

"I just found it a few minutes ago, so I came to get you in person. We can't restore any previous video, but it's been recording since the moment it showed up on my board." Tony continued.

"Where are her wings-" I muttered.

Peter looked back at the screen, his face white. "Mr. Stark, I know you don't know where this is from, but you need to find out!" He shouted. He pulled something from the corner of the hologram, covering what his hand had been blocking.

"They took her fucking wings!" I shouted. "Who the fuck are they and where?!" 

Bucky pressed something around his wrist, the non-metal one. Almost like a live alert button.

"Where is the email?" Peter asked. "Show me the email." 

Tony handed him the computer, which he grabbed out of the air and sat it on his lap as he hopped on a table.

"FRIDAY, pull up the code I've been working on," Peter said.

"You're working on a code?" Tony and I said at once.

"Yes, and it should be enough for this to work." He clenched his jaw, and his entire body tensed up. "It's just coordinates though."

"I can't get it." He muttered after a moment.

"Steve Rogers has requested entry to the workshop," FRIDAY announced.

A loud thud sounded on the glass wall. He punched it.

"Let him in." Bucky announced.

"Buck-" He pushed open the door, rushing to his side. "What is it, are you okay?"

I stared at them.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me," Steve muttered, staring at the screen. "What is this?"

"It's a fucking live video feed from wherever the fuck Max is," I replied. "And now we've got to fucking find her."

"I know where that is." Steve frowned. "What is she doing there?"

"You know as much as we do cap," Tony growled. "And apparently more."

"That's where Buck was kept as the winter soldier," Steve said. "That's the exact same facility. It's got to be."

"Well, where is it?" I asked, annoyed.

"It's in Russia." He said. "Siberia, in specific."

"That's not possible," Peter said. "An invasive procedure like the removal of her wings would take at least eight hours, let alone prep time, at least two, and the healing enough to be on her back would take weeks. They also had to get there by plane."

"Bullshit," Tony said. "We've seen what HYDRA's done before."

"That's fucking impossible, Tony." I interrupted. "Listen to him, he knows shit. That can't be in Russia."

"He's right," Bucky said. "There were hundreds that all looked the same."

"What?" Steve asked.

"There were thousands of rooms I was put in. They all looked exactly like that." He whispered. "And they all did the same mother fucking thing-"

A loud scream sounded from in front of us.

I snapped my neck to the screen.

Max's body was violently shaking, and the wires all connected to her were sparking. Blood poured out of her nose, eyes, and ears. The men in the room were all behind the control panel.

She was screeching, enough for the microphone to cut out every few seconds. The gag in her mouth did nothing to prevent the screams.

Peter, Bucky, and Steve all had their ears covered.

"Fuck!" I shouted, covering my own.

Tony lowered the volume, almost muting it.

"That's all they fucking do." Bucky stormed out of the room.

Steve turned to follow, but Peter grabbed his shoulder.

"Look, Mr. Rogers, is there any way you know where this is?" Peter asked. 

"No, not if there were more." He tried to rip his arm out of Peter's grip, but nothing happened.

"Sorry." Peter pursed his lips, trying to unstick his hand from Steve. He finally did it successfully, and Steve followed Bucky out of the room.

"There's one in Ohio," Bucky said in the doorway. "It's called the North Institute. Right where the winter soldier killed your parents."