Finale

Lea's POV

Nate's eyes flame. His whole body freezes and radiates tension. 

"You what?" He chokes out. His voice isn't angry like I was expecting. It's a chilling question that makes all the hair on my skin stand to attention. I've never seen him like this. Ever.

I hear one of the officers clear his throat. He hadn't realized that he had just walked into an emotional wreck of problems. 

"Thank you officers, it seems everything is...okay now." Nate murmurs while staring at the ground. 

Nate has lost his anger. His face has been replaced with sorrow. 

Slowly, the officers exit my home, leaving Nate and I alone. 

"Did you sleep with him?" 

I stare at Nate, appalled. I could never do that to Nate, he has been so sweet to me. 

"No! I told you that I was tired and we had my car so he decided to take me to his house. We didn't sleep in the same bed or room for that matter."

"Why were you with him in the first place?" He questions me.

"He was at the wedding and he apologized to me but I left anyway. A couple of hours later, he showed up at the hospital with a sprained wrist and I was the nurse on duty." I explain, watching every facial expression he makes, there was very little emotion to be found. 

"You spent this whole weekend with him, behind my back." He states with blazing eyes.

"It's not entirely entirely like that. Since he sprained his arm, he needed someone to drive him. Yes, I should of told you but I knew that this whole thing was temporary. I thought it was best if you didn't know because it didn't mean anything." It takes every ounce of strength I have to say that.

Was I telling the truth when I said that this whole thing with Cory didn't mean anything? All of my feelings for him are in the past, right?

"Thats all that happened?"

The kiss! I didn't exactly kiss him back, I was so stunned by his sudden actions. 

"He kissed me." I whisper.

Nate's head jerks up and he stares at me. 

"Did you kiss him back?" 

"No. I left his house as soon as it happened."

Nate shakes his head and walks over to my couch and puts his head in his hands. I join him and wrap my arms around him, comforting him.

"Do you not believe me?" 

He sighs and finally faces me, tears are swimming in his eyes. 

"After all the trust you just broke, I'm not really sure what to believe." He states rather disappointedly. 

"What can I do to make you believe me?" I ask with my own tears returning with a vengeance. 

"There is one thing."

*********

I stand in front of Cory's front door, still recovering from my earlier meltdown. 

I look behind me and see Nate watching me closely in his car. I have to do this for Nate, I love him and this will be better for our relationship.

Without further thought, I shakily knock on his door and wait. 

The door swings open and I see Cory in sweats, a t-shirt, and the cast on his arm. 

Habitsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें