Alcohol Tell All

Lea's POV

"We should probably be getting ready for the party." I mutter as Cory gives me kiss after kiss.

We literally just walked through the door less than a minute ago and now he has me pinned on the bed, still sweaty from winning his football game.

"It can wait." He simply replies.

"This party is for you and your team and the undefeated football season you guys have had. And last time I checked, your a very important asset to your team." I say while forcing myself off of him.

"Fine, but after the party we will be continuing where we left off." He says while suggestively wiggling his eyebrows.

I playfully roll my eyes at him as he exits the room. I then begin my search through the guest room closet where I've hung up all of my clothes. I haven't been to a party in a long time, especially not one in late fall, it's colder than the North Pole out there. Sometimes I wish that I didn't live in Canada, somewhere warmer like...California.

Dismissing the thought, I continued looking for an outfit. My eyes land on a gold sequin covered dress with long sleeves that I know will go perfectly with this godforsaken weather.

I discard my clothes and throw on the dress along with solid black tights and a pair of black high heels.

While gazing in the floor length mirror, I'm satisfied with the dress. It hugs me in all the right places, which is something I'm very keen on.

While applying my makeup, I receive a text from Brianna.

Hurry it up, I'd like to get drunk sooner rather than later.

I laugh at her text but don't bother to respond.

"Come on, Lea, let's get out of-" Cory enters my room but abruptly stops when he sees what I'm wearing.

"Should I change into something else?"

"Absolutely not, you look so good, Lee." I blush at the compliment and nickname he gave me. He grabs my hand and then guides us down the stairs and we begin our drive to the party.

"This is at Liam's house, right?" Cory asks while cranking up the radio.

"Yes, but why are you just now asking me this?" I question him, trying to stifle a laugh but miserably failing.

"Because I just now thought of it."

A smile creeps on my face, this goofball is all mine and he'll be mine forever.
I can't help but stare down at the ring placed on my finger. It's shining just as bright as it was on day 1. I had gotten asked at least a hundred times this year about that ring.

Is that an engagement ring?

Who's the lucky man?

Are you even old enough to get married?

Are you pregnant?

All of those questions and probably many more to come.

When I really think about it, I'm insanely young and may not be able to handle the pressure of being a wife, but then again, Cory might not be ready to be a husband either.
Often, I wonder if we'll make it though marriage, or will we be that tragic couple that doesn't even make it a year without a divorce.

And what about kids?

I most definitely won't be wanting any until I get out of college, which I'm not even sure is still an option for me and Cory.

The guilt washes over me when I'm reminded of my application to UCLA. I don't even see the point of why I applied if I'm just going to be with Cory who has no intention on attending that school.