💙

Chapter 15- Welcome To The Neighborhood 🏘

"Then he came to America, and married her, because she could get him a green card."
•◦ ◦•

Erika💕

"Erika? How you get so big? Last time me see you ah when you did this Likkle bit."

My grandfather said gesturing to the height I once was.

"I missed you too grandpa."

I said giving him a kiss on the cheek, then a hug.

"We'll come on in, I was just making some soup. You know grandma not doing so well. The diabetes is catching up to her."

I shook my head

Not wanting to be reminded of the days we had to stand around grandma in the hospital. I don't ever want to see her in her deathbed again. She beat it before she could do it again. I mean she is only 73, can't God give her a little more time with us.

"Hey, grandpa can I use your bathroom?"

He shook his head before pointing down the hall. I walked down the hallway stopping in front of the door. I hear grandpa wife talking on the phone.

Yes, before you ask if my grandpa has two wives...no. He left my grandmother after she gave birth to my mother. Then he came to America, and married her, because she could get him a green card.

I guess they just fell in love after that.

Anyway I do my business in the bathroom. And stood in front of the mirror as I washed my hands. My grandpa lived with three other people. My cousin, Tiny, Auntie Phylicia, and his wife.

So when I opened up the compartment mirror, there were different pill bottles. With these weird ass words on them. But then again it's nun of my business.

I walk out of the bathroom, and bump into his wife. I said hello, and she rolled her eyes. Yes bitch I still don't like you, the fuck that's why my grandpa used to ass. And to think that my mother once called me a green card baby.

Besides I had other things to do. Like spending time with my grandpa before she kill him off. She at least twenty years younger than him. She could take his money and run with it. Because she a "U.s. cItIzEn".

Let me stop ranting and fine something to eat. I walk into the kitchen and see the soup sitting on the stove. Grandpa was talking it up with my parents in the kitchen. So I just made a plate, we'll actually a bowl. Then I sat at the table to eat.

❤︎

"Erika it's really been so long? Di last time mi seen you a when yuh did deh ina pampas."

My Aunt Phylicia said as she looked me up, and down.

She held my hands, and backed up getting a full view of me. Oh and by the way my auntie is Bisexual, so she never judged the way I dressed ever. My grandpa didn't either because he knew the nursing home would be waiting.

"Ok, okay come inside auntie it's cold out there. And I'm sure Tiny is freezing behind you."

I said getting Tony's attention from her phone.

That's when my auntie realized that she was still standing outside. So she stepped inside the apartment, followed by Tiny.

"Hey lil cuz."

Lil, these bitches really trippin yo.

She said hugging me.

"Bitch you know we the same age, but my birthday comes first."

I said rolling my eyes.

Knowing that she think she older because she living off of grandpa money. Just because yo ass from the Bronx make you better than me.

Tiny always got everything she wanted, and never had to worry were the money was coming from.

She could literally shop till she dropped. When I could only shop until my card declined.

"Yeah, yeah whatever. I'm finna take you on a tour of the Bronx. Since you moving in, for a while you might as well become acquainted. These streets ain't loyal, so imma teach you to watch yo back."

Watch my back, but why??? I'm not naive, I knew the streets were dangerous. Because that's how it was in Philly, but New York is like awhile bother world. You got to be a native to sense when shit finna pop off.

"Yeah, you right. I'm tired so we can start in the morning."

She shrugged

"By the way welcome to the neighborhood."

She smirked as she ran upstairs.

I guess this is what it's like when a city girl moves to an even bigger city.

....and I myself am a New Yorker.

・❥・
Next Time on... ℭ𝔬𝔪𝔭𝔞𝔫𝔶