xiii. Love?

"How about you, guys?" Lenny asked, two shots already on her hand. Harry declined while Meg obliged. I knew that Meg wouldn't turn down the alcohol since she was once the party animal (well, just like me before) on our group before she was rushed to the hospital two years back due to alcohol intoxication. I wasn't here yet but Jasper shared her story one night while we were out partying and Meg was nowhere to be seen. Now, she limits her alcohol intake. I'm so proud of her for that.

And to answer your question as to why Harry and Meg are with us, well, Harry asked Meg if they could go have "fun" tonight and Meg "suggested" this place. So, yeah. Yuck.

"Ooh, I love this song!" Lenny shouted and started to jump on where she stood. I watched her as she gave out a few dance moves around us. She's quite drunk, alright. "Come on!"

Lenny suddenly yanked my free arm, spilling the tequila on my glass, and dragged me towards the dancefloor. I struggled to keep up with her movements but I let loose anyway. We left the two on the bar and danced till my feet hurt. That 'till my feet hurt' was approximately thirty minutes after. I hate any form of physical exertion when I'm not in the mood. I excused myself to Lenny and as usual, she ignored me, jumping and swaying to the beat of the song. I shook her shoulders and she opened her eyes, looking expectantly at me. I motioned to her that I'd go back to the booth and she nodded back.

"Uh.. Excuse. Excuse me. Sorry." I kept on saying as I made my way through the mess of bodies on the dancefloor. I let out a sigh of relief when I found a corner of the bar that wasn't occupied. I leaned my hands on the table and rubbed my eyes. I'm getting a bit tired now.

"Let me buy you a drink." I abruptly opened my eyes to see the exact same guy who talked to me a while ago. I shooed him away earlier since I wasn't interested with Mr. All-I-Do-Is-Stare-At-My-Boobs-Guy. Seriously, I had to snap my fingers in front of his face to get him to look at me. My boobs aren't even in full display. I wasn't wearing a provocative dress for that matter.

"I'm sorry but no. Thanks though." I shook my head, my lips on a tight smile as I tried to remain polite even though I wanted to curse him out. He moved closer to me and I immediately scooted away from him until my back hit the wall behind. Wow, he's reeking of alcohol.

"Look, dude. You need to back the f.uck off." I warned him. He let out a snort before he grasped my hips and pulled me towards him.

"Just one, hun." He murmured when leaned his head near my ear. This is definitely not okay. I felt my heart beat erratically on my ribcage as I hastily pushed him off of me. "Back off!"

He grabbed my arm once more when suddenly somebody yanked him backwards.

"Don't you dare touch her!" Harry yelled as he pushed the guy by his chest. The guy was so surprised with Harry's appearance that he just stumbled backward.

"Sam? Are you okay? Oh my gosh." Meg was cupping my face but I was still looking at Harry. He glared at the dazed and confused guy in front of him. A few people caught our little incident but Harry didn't seem to care at all as he walked towards the guy and grabbed him by his collared shirt. He was much taller and leaner than the guy and even though the guy was larger than him, since Harry gave off an intimidating aura, he looked slightly scared. Harry said something to him before he let him go. The guy never gave a second look as he briskly walked away from him.

"Harry! You let him go. We should've called for security!" Meg scolded him as soon as he turned towards us. Our eyes met and I swear I could feel the anger radiating off of him. He stared at me before asking if I was fine. I meekly nodded in assurance as I registered what happened to me. Did that just happened to me?

I shook my head as I cleared out my thoughts. I need another drink after this. I abruptly walked a few step, making Meg surprised at my sudden actions, and walked away from them, to the other side of the bar. I really need another drink. I ignored Harry and Meg's shoutings as I made my way to the bar. Somewhere along the way, I stumbled across Lenny and since she was oblivious to what happened on the booth, she eagerly agreed when I asked her to go with me to the bar. Almost not fifteen minutes into my fourth shot, which I gladly welcomed into my system, I felt a pair of hands wrapped around my hips. I slightly jumped at the sudden contact before I registered that it was Harry.

"Heyyyy, bro. Want some?" I clumsily held a shotglass in front of him but he grumbled a 'no' in response. He held my hand with the glass and took it away from me, placing it on the table a bit far away that I can't reach it.

"Let's get you home, shall we?" He asked as he started to pull me away from the bar.

"What? No. I was having so much fun. Go home yourself." I shooed him, sloppily pulling my captured arm from him. His grip was really tight (or I was too drunk to put in so much effort) so I tried to just walk back towards the bar where Lenny was watching us with a drunken grin.

"Order us one more round, Lenny. Just give me- Get off! - a sec." I felt my face heat with a bit of anger due to the fact that he wouldn't let me go.

"No, that's enough. Lenny, I supposed Meg would accompany you home. I need to make sure Sam would make it to her place safely." Harry said to Lenny.

"No problem, captain!" Lenny replied.

"Don't leave me with psycho!" I retorted, pointing at Harry. "You could go home first if you want, mister. I'm staying here."

I stomped my feet on the ground and glared at him. I didn't care if I acted and looked like a child right now. He won't make my night a sore one. I just need to forget what happened back there.

"Really? Okay, then how would you go home later on?" He asked back.

"I don't know! Ride a horse or something. Taxi a hail." I angrily replied. "Wait. What? Hail a taxi, I mean!"

"Christ, you're more drunk than I thought. Come on, that's enough for one night." He shook his head at me. Meg appeared on his side a few minutes later.

"Hey babe, we're leaving now. Are you sure you're alright with Lenny?" Harry asked him. They talked for a bit while I was trying to pull my arm free from Harry's grip.

"Yeah. Lenny is more of a struggle to contain but I could manage."

"Okay, see you tomorrow. Get Sam home safe, okay? Same to you." Meg mumbled as she reached up and kiss Harry on the lips. I made gagging noises at their actions to which Meg patted my cheeks.

"Don't make this hard for Harry, Sam. Good night." She said before Harry pulled me away.

It was a ten-minute struggle as I still pulled back from Harry as soon as I got the chance. He didn't gave me second look as he weaved us through the crowd. I gave up with my escape when I accepted that Meg and Harry decided to call it a night and separated Lenny and I. We reached the exit and a burst of cold air nipped on my exposed skin. It made me dizzy for a bit before I gathered myself up to keep with Harry's pace. This time, he gave me quick glances as he led me towards his car but as soon as we crossed the road in front of us, I quickly sped up my pace and walked straight to the flower bed adorning the streetwalk.

"Sam, what're you-" Harry abruptly stopped as soon as he heard me gag and hunched down the soil. I had a really weak stomach today and alcohol made it worse. I let out another gagging sound and before I knew it, the alcohol was leaving my stomach.

I heard Harry sigh before I felt warm hands clasping my hair to keep it from falling over my face. I ignored him and coughed a bit as my throat and stomach flexed and contracted and signaled me that it's empty again. I let out a sigh of relief and the exhaustion finally kicked in. My knees buckled and I had to crouch down and lean my head on my hands.

"I have some water in the car. It's just around the corner, Sam. Let me help you." Harry cajoled as he softly pulled me up by my arms. The world spun around me again and I closed my eyes.
Harry slowly started to lead me to his car again and when I opened my eyes, we were already beside it. He swiftly unlocked the door and reached out for a water bottle to give to me. I mumbled a 'thank you' before taking a large gulp of the cool water. I felt a little bit okay now after my puking session.

"You alright?" Harry warily asked me. I nodded back as I wiped the cold sweat that already formed on my forehead. "Alright. Let's head home, love."

"Love?" I gave him a weirded out face with what he just called me.

"Yes. Love." He grinned back.

-

An early update because I won't be able to update next week. Again, thanks for voting, sharing and liking/loving my story. It means a lot and I just love those Sam&Harry moments. Gah.

Don't forget to vote and share this story to your friends!