xlii. I'm not answering that.

"I'll repeat myself again. Don't you ever do that again." I could hear Harry's feet pacing behind me.

I let out a muffled groan, burying my face more on my pillow and trying to fight a sneeze.

"I told you I'm sorry, alright? You're the third person that I apologised for today. Gimme a break." I said.

"You're such an impulsive person." He sighed; I felt him sit down on the corner of my bed.

"I won't do it again, H. Promise." I let out a breath through my mouth since my nose was clogged up.

What happened was that I went off on a three-day backpack trip through three states. I had days off last Thursday and Friday due to Patricia attending a seminar, which meant I had a pretty long weekend. Coincidently, two of my college friends were passing through Boston on the way to Michigan. They contacted me and asked if I wanted to join them on their backpack trip. I, looking that I don't know what else to do for the weekend, quickly agreed. I thought I needed to get away from the city for a bit.

It was a really fun time for me. We were able to visit gorgeous landmarks and a few beaches. It was very unforgettable for me since I rarely go out of Boston except when I go home to England. I felt so free. Wifi and data was weak and I didn't use my phone as usual while I was on that trip (aside from taking pictures, obviously). I normally post my pictures after the trip.

Obviously, I was also very guilty of not letting my friends know where I was. I just sent Lenny a quick short message that I was going to be out of the state for that weekend. She kept calling me but whenever we tried to talk, the signal kept being cut. One time, Harry texted me incessantly but I couldn't reply back because we were busy swimming. I found out I had 32 missed calls from him.

I figured I wouldn't reply to him because that would lead to more arguments. Honestly, I was too lazy to entertain them. I almost dropped my phone that time too. I got traumatised after and didn't dare used my phone until we were safely back on dry land.

My phone also started acting up where if I used too much data or spent too much time in an app, it abruptly restarts. I had to switch my phone to airplane mode to stop it from happening again. I planned on having my phone checked this week.

Now here I was, nursing a flu while Harry was going off on me not answering his messages. I know it was stupid of me not texting back but seriously, I wanted to chuck my phone out. I genuinely thought that they wouldn't really care that much about me. Now, my muscles were aching and I wanted to be in bed all day.

"Your mother was right." I heard Harry mumble.

"Hey! Don't you dare drag my mom under this. She's not me. Why're you even blowing this out of proportion?!" Now it was my turn to complain.

"Because!" He quipped.

"What? Because what?" I pushed, standing up and grabbing a tissue by my nightstand.

We were having a staring contest up until someone knocked on the door. I was ready to ignore whoever was knocking but apparently they're not stopping. I glared back at Harry before padding towards the door.

"Wait here." I told Harry. "Who is it?!"

I huffed, my irritation still present and now directed to who's at the door.

"Uhm.. A-Are you Miss Gale? I'm here f-for a delivery." The man in uniform stuttered, clearly afraid at my way of greeting.

"Who's it from?"

"I don't know, Ma'am. They just gave it to me and that I need to deliver it to you ASAP. Just sign here please." The way he pushed the bouquet of white roses at me was out of clear agitation.