xxix. Such a gentleman.

"I don't know what happened. She's been staring at the wall for an hour now. D'you think she drank way too much coffee?" I heard George whisper to Lenny behind me.

"No. I think she just finished that American Horror Show-something. That creepy and weird show that starred Lady Gaga? I remember her telling me about how obsessed she's with the show that she can finish one season in, like, one and a half day." Lenny replied.

"Whoa. Talk about binge-watching. We should probably poke her, y'know? To see if she'll react or something." George said back.

"Poking her won't do. I'll pull her hair back. She doesn't like it when I do-"

"I can hear you, you know that right?" I cut her off, before turning around in my seat and glaring at them.

It's been precisely four hours since my encounter with Harry at Pat's office and I already missed my lunch break. I'd been sitting at the lounge room the entire time and purging with several bars of Milky Way and lemonade I bought from the mini-mart a few blocks from the university. I tried to block off the conversation I had with Harry earlier this day. It was downright embarrassing as h.ell.

"Harry? What're you doing here?"

"Uhh.. I was on my way out the building when I bumped into Lenny and she told me to drop off these folders to you. Says it's for the exams and stuffs." He replied, holding out a bunch of colorful folders towards me.

His face was expressionless and unreadable. It was aggravating to see him react to me this way. I know he heard me talk to Katrina. Is he uncomfortable? Having the same feelings? Turned off?

"Erhm.. Thanks. Sorry if Lenny bothered you. I know she's perfectly capable of dropping this off herself." I grit my teeth.

It suddenly dawned on me that since Lenny knew I have a crush on Harry, she'll do anything to pair us up or make us talk or do something together. I knew that because she tried to do that to me once before.

"It's no hassle. She had a lot of books on her hands so might as well help the poor lady." He shrugged, placing his hands on his front pockets.

"Oh wow. Such a gentleman." I quipped.

"Uhh.. I better go. Need to finish some projects at home.." He slowly trailed off.

Oh god. He's uncomfortable.

"Oh okay. Thanks again for dropping these off." I said back as I watched him slowly make his way towards the door.

He smiled and nodded at me but before he rounded the corner, I called his name. He abruptly stopped and turned around.

"Did you hear any of the conversations earlier?" I bravely asked, my nails digging into my palm as I stared at him.

"What?"

"While I was on the phone - well, I was using my earphones - but you heard me talking right?" I explained, picking up my earphones which was dangling on my neck.

He bit his lip and furrowed his eyebrows before saying a meek 'no'.

"Really? Don't lie to me, Styles." I threatened and that made him laugh lightly.

"Seriously. I didn't hear anything. I'm not an eavesdropper." He grinned, his hand gripping the wooden door frame.

I stared at him a little longer, trying to decipher if he's telling the truth or not. He stared back with innocent eyes. My eyes glared at him, holding my pointer and middle finger up and pointing it back and forth in front of my eyes and him in a 'I'm watching you' gesture. He shook his head and held up his hand.