v. So, Sammy?

"What's up with the students today?" I asked Patricia as we strolled through the university park. I could see students walking back and forth through rooms. I also watched one girl try and painstakingly apply liquid eyeliner in the loo awhile ago. I had the urge to push her so it would mess up. I'm such a bully.

Today we were headed to one of Pat's advance classes. Most of her students there are quite intellectual and really intimidating. One time, I misspelled a word and this blonde girl made a scene of how people today are too illiterate and takes education by granted. I was embarrassed and almost attacked her that exact moment. I was a really violent person back then so I kinda waited for her outside the classroom and pulled her hair back. I told her that I finished college and got a degree. I also reminded her that I took up kickboxing when I was in middle school and I could definitely kick her arse. She still avoids me now.

Although I got a brief scolding from Patricia, she admired my pride and how I stood up to that girl. She said reminded me of herself when she was my age. Our personalities were almost the same.

"The university decided to compile the yearbook early this year. Last year's travesty with the deadline was a traumatic one for the board. Have I told you we're going to be in it?" Patricia said, fluffing out her hair when we passed by a mirrored wall. I shook my head and she chuckled.

"My dear. We are! I almost forgot that this is your first year. All the professors are going to have a pictorial every year. Ours are on Friday."

"Oh ok. And how am I involved in that?" I don't get it. I'm not a teacher here.

"Because you're my assistant? I want your pretty face plastered in books forever."

"Ugh.. No, Pat. I don't want to be plastered in books forever. Plus, I'm not even pretty. More like borderline of ugly and almost-there-pretty." I gathered my hair on one side as a strong gust of wind passes by.

"Liar. Stop with the self-pity. It's not good." She quipped. We stopped in front of a huge oak door with intricate carvings. The class was always held in the old building. I gave her the tests that I finished just an hour ago (but I didn't tell her that) and we went inside.

-

"Five more minutes!" Pat reminded the class and I swore, the look on everyone's face was pure and utter horror. While they were busy answering the test, Pat and I were assembling the next test for the next class. I was finishing my set of papers when someone knocked on the door.

"Go get it, Sam." Pat instructed me and I quickly got up to check who it was.

"Hey, Sam! I have a letter for Mrs. Trey." It was George, also one of the assistants here in St. George, which is also ironic because of the same name. Hahaha.. George from St. George.

"Yea. Let's see here." It was an excuse letter for the class. They're going to have their individual yearbook shots after the test. I went back to Patricia and gave her the paper. She pursed her lips before standing up.

"Alright, class. Finish or not, pass your papers. You'll have your pictorials right after this and please proceed to Main Hall Room 1A."

Some students groaned while others squealed. What's with the squealing? For the pictorial? Aren't they tired of posting pictures in Facebook? Alright, I admit that I'm also fond of taking pictures of myself. I am not vain in anyway aside from that. Whenever I feel pretty that is. Which is rarely.

The classes were always the same day after day. The weird part of it is that I found myself waiting in line at Starbucks before my shift at the convenience store. I mean, I haven't stepped in here for months. I guess the sight of chocolate fraps attracted me. The line was a bit long so I pulled up my phone and checked my messages.