xlv. Feed me, mommy.

Today was such an off day for me.

First, I walked into the wrong room. Thankfully, they were having a test so I was able to tiptoe my way back to the door without anyone noticing. Well, except the guy next to the door. I gave home the 'I'll be watching you.' gesture and he was quick to look down his paper again.

Second, I kept using the wrong colored highlighters Patricia specifically told me to use. Vince and I had to highlight some papers and books for Pat's discussion. Vince told me five times that I grabbed the wrong highlighter.

Third and last, I couldn't get my head wrap around the idea that a brown-haired man-child was waiting for me outside the office. Apparently, he had a small gig right around the corner and decided to stop by the university and invite me to dinner. He tried to be discreet about waiting outside but Vince and I could clearly hear him mutter swear words while playing some kind of action game on his phone.

"Alrighty then. That was the last page. I'm off to dinner, Vince." I stood up and stretched out my arms and back.

"I know that wasn't the last page."

"Uh.. Yes it is." I stared at Vince.

"Enjoy your night, Samantha." He didn't even looked up from the book he was reading.

I rolled my eyes and started to pack my bag. I arranged the papers and returned all the pens in their holder. I retrieved my phone from charging it.

"You sure you're not hungry?" I tried one more time to invite Vince with us.

"Sam, let's go. I'm hungry." Harry popped his head behind me.

"I'm pretty sure, Sam." Vince replied.

"Bye, Vince. Don't forget to turn off the lights this time." I loudly say to him as I made my way to the door.

"That was one time!" Vince scoffed. "Bye, Sam. Bye, Harry."

He forgot to turn the lights off last week and got quite a scolding from Pat.

"Cheers, mate." Harry pushed himself off and walked beside me.

"Remind me again why you're here?" I glanced at him.

"I already told you, Sam. Got a gig earlier. It was right around the block." Harry replied, sliding his phone in his pocket.

"Where's your camera then?"

"It's in the bag, duh. Don't ask stupid questions, Gale." Harry playfully placed his hand on top of my head.

I felt my phone vibrate and I shrugged his hand off me to get it. I had to rummage around my messy bag till I got it. It was a text from Vince.

Your boyfriend kept giving me death glares earlier. Thought you should know.

I scoffed, typing in a quick reply.

He's not my boyfriend. Thought you should know.

"Who are you texting?" Harry peeked from beside me.

"Nothing. Let's just go get dinner." I huffed and dropped my phone in my bag.

What's up with Harry lately? He's been breathing down my neck for the past week already. I'm getting kind of suspicious.

We walked a few more blocks away from the university until we came across this quaint food park. There were various food trucks parked around tables and chairs. I scanned the food trucks one by one.

"What do you wanna eat, Harry? I think I'll go with some Chinese food." I said, scratching the side of my head.

"Yeah. Me too." Harry nodded.