xxi. You look really pretty tonight.

"We should totally do a bonfire again." Lenny announced, her hands spread on either side of the door. We all stared and watched her as she made her way to our table.

It was lunch time and even though the cafeteria was packed with students, we managed to get a table or two. I was just finishing my carbonara when Lenny sat beside me. She obviously came from somewhere far because of the way her hair was all over the place, her flustered face and how fast she was panting.

"Where did you came from?" Jasper muttered as he eyed her warily. Lenny shrugged before leaning forward and grabbing a piece of chicken nugget from his plate.

"Doesn't matter. We need to do a roadtrip."

"Roadtrip? Ha! Where?" I asked.

"Anywhere! Obviously a bit far away from here." She replied, a wide grin plastered across her face. What made her have this really funny idea of a roadtrip?

"Hey, Meg! Can we borrow your grandparents' townhouse a few miles from here?"

"Can't. It's under renovation." Meg answered with a clipped tone. She's been like that for two days now.

"What's up with you?" Lenny bit back, clearly  oblivious to what's happening with Meg.

"Lover's quarrel, Len." George butted in. Lenny rolled her eyes before nudging my side. I looked at her, bored already.

"Hey, George. I heard you and your family owns a cabin not far from where you live, right?" Lenny's eyes widened at the sudden idea.

"Oh no. It's for family use only." George quickly shook his head.

"Oh come on! Just for one night? Please?"

"Not happening. You know how my parents are. They don't like last-minute reservations."

"Damn you and your overly strict and posh parents! Ugh... I want to get out of here for just one night but no, everybody doesn't want to." Lenny dropped her head on her forearms and started to wail and moan pathetically. I ignored her as I picked my dessert up, which was a small chocolate cupcake-like thingy with colorful sprinkles on top, and began to pull off the paper wrapped around it.

"Although... " George trailed off. With that word, Lenny's head snapped back up. "There's a cool mountain range just a few miles from our hometown. We could, like, hike or do a campsite there or something."

"Of course! We'll bring tents, coolers and marshmallows. We're going camping! Yes!" She squealed, clapping her hands and bouncing her feet on our table.

"Yeah. Have fun without me." I snorted. I'm not in the mood with this camping s.hit. Just thinking about building a tent made me mentally exhausted. "Too much energy. Can't do it."

Lenny looked at me as if I grew two heads. She told me that everyone's invited with no exceptions. She threatened to cut my hair, which I didn't believe, and when she realized that there's no way to persuade me by being mean, she attempted to be sweet and bargained with me. She offered carrying my bags (if I do go), giving me plenty of space in our tent (if I really did agree) and even bribed me by buying me three jars of Nutella and two packs of marshmallows. That last part gave me away.

"But I don't have any tents!" I tried to back out at the last second.

"Shut it. I saw a packed tent in your closet when I rummaged through your clothes and borrowed your purple dress." Lenny glared. "Alright, everyone! You're all coming, right?"

Everyone replied and nodded but Meg. Lenny asked her if she's going and all she said was that she'll think about it before standing up and leaving us stunned.

"Okie dokie. She'll come around." Lenny shrugged at Meg's sour mood before she turned and looked at me. I asked her when's the camping going to take place. George suggested to have it on a weekend since everyone's going to be busy this coming few weeks. There's only two months left before the school year ends.

"How about this coming weekend?" Jasper asked. We said no, obviously not prepared to go camping in less than three days. "Next week then."

"Alright. Next weekend. Sam and I are in charge of the food. You and George are in charge of the drinks. Get a few booze in there. Meg and Harry for transportation." Lenny was so confident with how she was planning this camping trip that she doesn't even know yet if the couple will go or not. Poor Lenny and her optimism.

-

I sat comfortably on the posh velvet chair and waited for a server to give me a menu. The place looked rather sophisticated and modern for a bistro. Apparently, Claire found a newly-opened bistro here in Boston and she wanted me to find out if the food was great. I didn't bought her alibi since I knew that my dad was planning to put a restaurant of theirs here. I declined at first but since I'm on my way home after a day at the convenience store and I'm already hungry, I found myself walking towards the street where it was located.

"Good evening, Miss. Here's our menu. I'll give you time to choose. I'm Earl, by the way and I'll be your waiter. Call me up if you're ready to order. Excuse me, Miss." He nodded before briskly walking away.

I sighed and scanned the menu. I was halfway through the paper when I heard someone call my name. I glanced up to see a smiling Jasper standing in front of me. He was clad in a baby blue button-up, with the sleeves rolled and black jeans. He looked kinda cute.

"Hey, Jasper! What're you doing here?" I asked.

"I was supposed to meet up with my parents here but then they bailed on me a few minutes ago. I was about to head outside when I saw you."

"Oh. That sucks. You even took the time to dress up for them." I teased. He blushed and laughed shortly.

"Yeah. They don't like it when I slack off."

"I know the feeling, trust me." I giggled.

"Hmmm... Anyway, what about you? Who's the dude?"

"Who?" I squinted my eyes at him. What's he talking about?

"I mean. Who's the lucky guy that took you here? Don't tell me he bailed on you too."

"What? No! Haha. I'm actually alone. I just passed by and decided to try out there meals."

He looked surprised that I was eating alone. Obviously, the bistro looked like a place where someone could ask someone to dine with. He apologized with his assumptions before he slowly backed away. He bid goodbye and turned around when I suddenly blurted out his name.

"Yeah?" He turned back around and looked at me.

"Since you're already here and I kinda feel bad about what your parents did to you, why don't we eat dinner together?" I smiled.

"Really? It's okay. Don't feel bad for me."

"Well, I insist. You're already here and even took the time to dress up. Don't let that outfit go to waste." I joked. "But if you have other plans, it's alright."

"No. No. I was thinking of sweatpants, pizza and football for dinner time." He replied. He walked over and sat down across me.

"That sounds epic but we're already here. Might as well try their meals." I pointed to my menu.

"I agree to that." Jasper said as he picked his own menu. "Oh. Before I forget, Sam?"

"Yep?" I gazed up at him.

"You look really pretty tonight."

-

Hi there, readers! Thanks for reading! Please don't forget to vote, comment and share. Love you, babes!

Also, quick question. What/Who did you dressed up as this Halloween?

Happy Halloween!! :)