xv. Just a little sip.

"So, I'll sleep on the couch and you on my bed." He said as we made our way towards his bedroom.

"Woah. Woah. Hold up, buddy. Sleeping? Me? On your bed?" I pulled him back by his shoulder. He looked at me as if I grew another head.

"Yeah. Weren't you listening?" He asked back. We were by now in his living room.

"Uhh.. I'm not staying over. I just need to borrow your phone which you could've let me while we're at the door. Nobody's sleeping over nobody's bed or couch."

"In case you forgot, it's.." Harry glanced at the clock hanging on the wall beside us. "Almost half past two."

"So?"

"In the morning, Sam. I bet every locksmith in Boston is still asleep at this time. You don't have the choice but to stay over. I'm being nice over here yet you don't want me to."

"Oh, there are twenty-four hour locksmith services around town. I think. Yeah. Pretty sure." Well, actually not. Dammit, I don't have any phone numbers for a locksmith service. Does he have a phonebook that I could look up to?

"Alright. I dare you to get a locksmith at this time then." He said, that smug grin appearing on his face again. Why does he keep on challenging me?! Do I look weak to him?

"Deal. Loser will buy the winner a huge jar of Nutella." I quickly and confidently said back. I just remembered that Lenny got a locksmith service at night when she was also locked out of her apartment. I may have a chance at winning. Oh gosh, Nutella. Hnggg..

We were by now on his living room. He told me to sit on the sofa and wait since he left his phone in his room. It took me the time to slightly admire his taste of furniture and modern art. Light hues and tones of blue and gray were scattered all over his living room. I was suprised that the place wasn't trashed or dirty unlike my ex..ehrm.. boyfriend's. Well, this place wasn't exactly spot clean with a few shirts and crumpled papers and whatnot lying around the place. I was rather intrigued of the door on his hallway leading to what I assumed his bedroom. I could see red light leaking through the door's hinges. My eyes suddenly went wide and I looked away.

Oh god. What if he's a serial killer?! What if that door leads to his closet full of dead bodies? What if those ex-girlfriends of his are stacked one by one on the other side of that door?! What if he's not here to help but rather make me his next victim? Who the hell has a room with red light?! I was busy with all the thoughts running through my head that I didn't noticed him standing beside me.

"Sam? Are you okay?" Harry asked, concerned eyes scanning me from head to toe. I snapped out of my thoughts and looked at him. I opened my mouth but closed it again and just nodded. "Hmm.. Here's my phone. I don't have a phonebook here so I guess you're going to just google the locksmith's number. Sorry."

I must've looked ridiculous to him because as soon as he reached out to pass his phone to me, I immediately grabbed it and walked far away from him. He looked dumbfounded but shrugged it off and asked me if I need anything. I politely declined and resumed searching for a 24/7 locksmith service that will surely let me out of this awkward scenario.

-

"Hel-Dammit!" I groaned as I heard the all too familiar 'Sorry, the office is still close. Please contact us during office hours. Thank you!' lady robot voice. I placed the phone down beside me and dropped my head on my hands.

"What number is that? Like.. sixth? Seventh?" Harry asked as he continued to sip on his glass of wine. He started drinking it when he found me trying to call my fourth one.

"Eighth, actually." I mumbled, my head still buried on my arms. My phone was still connected to the charger so that's obviously still no use. I just now remembered that Lenny got locked out at around nine at night. Obviously, there's really no locksmith services open at this wee hour of the morning. I finally looked up and reached out to grab his glass but he quickly pulled it out of my reach.