xlviii. Let's join the Mile High Club.

It was a chilly December morning that approached me when I pushed the door open. Winter really did came sooner than expected this year. I grabbed my phone and texted Harry that I was on my way. He quickly replied with an 'Ok. See you. :)' that made my heart skip a beat. I know it's cheesy that a simple text could make me feel this way but lately, Harry and I's relationship has been growing. We haven't labelled anything yet though and I'm fine with that. As long as we're both happy with what we're doing, I'm all right.

We settled to have lunch together prior to going back to the store. This past few months, I noted that Mr. and Mrs. Roy didn't need me that much as a clerk for them. They regularly gave me early time outs or calling me to not come in whereas they're fine handling the store. I thought it's because they're about to terminate me but when I questioned them (politely, of course) they denied it. Mrs. Roy explained to me that it's a conversation for another day. That made the case worse and made me restless as h.ell.

"Hey, Sam!" I heard my name and glanced to my right to see Harry situated on one of the chairs outside a small sandwich joint.

I smiled meekly, sitting down opposite from him. I could see his smile falter for a second before he asked me about my day. I was still bothered by the thought of the old couple firing me. Am I not doing a really good job?

"Uhh.. Good. Not that many people came by the store." I answered, pulling my scarf off my neck.  "Hey, can we move inside? It's cold out here."

"Sure, love." He was quick to pull me up and together, we scanned the quaint place for a vacant table.

"What about you?" I asked as soon as we sat down.

"Met up with Meg and some yearbook staffs. They're discussing when the yearbook will be printed out."

"Really? That's great." I countered. "Hey, what did you order?"

I glanced to the two wrapped sandwiches he placed between us. He pushed one towards me.

"Bacon and tuna sandwiches. They have drinks too but I don't know what to order for you." He smiled chastely at me.

"Alright. I'll get us some drinks. My treat." I offered, pushing my chair backward and rose up. "Any drink in mind?"

"I'll just have some lemonade, please." He said back.

I leaned forward and pinched his cheek. He was startled at first but snorted as he moved my fingers off his face.

"You're so cute when you're this polite little boy!" I giggled, ruffling his hair now.

"I'll have some lemonade, please. So cute!" I added, mocking his accent.

He heaved before pushing me lightly. I laughed, finally retreating and walking towards the counter. I ordered Harry's lemonade and a strawberry yoghurt smoothie for me. I have this penchant for drinking cold beverages in cold temperatures. I do love the signature iced chocolate drinks, either hot or cold, Starbucks had given to me. I also ordered another tuna sandwich because I don't think one will suffice my appetite. The guy behind the counter immediately prepared them and in less than ten minutes, I was walking back to our table.

We ate our lunch while having small talks and to be honest, even though we're just putting in time with each other, I was contented. I was zoning out on my half-eaten sandwich when something Harry said caught my attention.

"What?" I blinked, looking at him.

He reached out and playfully flicked my nose, telling me off. His action a usual for me now.

"I said Gemma's daughter kept on asking for me."

"Oh. Gemma's your sister right? What's her daughter's name again?"