xliv. I'm stopping.

"Did Lenny just set us up?" I blankly stared at nothing in particular, my mind slowly putting two and two together.

"I'm afraid so." Harry meekly replied, also looking straight ahead.

"Fantastic." I sarcastically replied.

Harry and I were waiting at the north train station on route to Concord where we'd negotiate on the yearbook printing.  Lenny tried to contact the company but her call wouldn't go through; saying something about the phone number not being accepted. She decided to just go in person and talk to the manager. She was supposed to go with Meg.

Harry tagged along even though it's not his job anymore. However, Meg got an emergency call from her brother and had to take care of it. Lenny called me to fill in Meg's position and she had to bribe me $10 for it. The lass was nowhere in sight though and I wonder why. Luckily, our train was nearing the platform.

As soon as the doors opened, I was suddenly pushed in by a burly businessman who was apparently in a rush to get a seat. I almost tripped forward but luckily got my balance back.

"Hey! Watch where you're going! There are plenty of seats!" Harry angrily yelled at the man, who blatantly ignored us as we took a seat a few feet away from him.

"Are you hurt?" Harry glanced down at me in worry, grabbing my shoulder.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." I said back, adjusting my coat.

I hastily pulled out my earphones, eager to listen to music just so I could avoid conversing with Harry. Yes, I know. I'm stupid for not listening to Lenny's advice but I'm honestly nervous to talk to Harry again. So now, I had to keep it casual and short. Show him that I'm unfazed just like what he's doing so far.

Part of me feels awkward with what had happened. Harry and I haven't been on speaking terms either. He might've felt that tension between us because since last week, he's been distancing himself too.

"I thought I was going with Lenny and Meg?" Harry said a few minutes after we sat down.

"What? Sorry." I plucked one earphone off and glancing at him.

"Why're you here though? What did Lenny do to get your arse off the bed?" Harry continued.

"She gave me ten dollars. Why are you here, huh?" I smugly replied.

"Cool. She gave me twenty." Harry casually said, an evident smirk on his face.

"Oh, ok." I said back, putting my earphone back and looking out the window.

An awkward beat passed us, neither one of us talking. The train had already started and we now have at least an hour's worth of trip.

"Why the h.ell did she gave you twenty and only ten to me?!" I scowled, turning back to Harry who was beginning to laugh.

"You ask her." He shrugged, grabbing his bag and pulling out an apple.

"That's not fair." I scowled at him.

"Are you listening to ARIZONA?" Harry asked after taking a bite on his snack.

"Yeah. You know them?"

"Yes. I love their songs." He took one earphone off me and placed on his ear instead.

"Me too." I said back, a knowing smile on our faces as we sit in silence, Oceans Away playing from my phone.

Hopefully, if this small trip goes well, Harry and I would be too.

"Thank you, Miss Gale. I look forward with the printing later on." Mr. Quincy stated as we stood up. "Once again, I'm sorry if you weren't able to reach us. We're updating our contact informations."