lii. I trust you.

"So, where's this cottage again?" Harry yelled behind me.

"It's just somewhere around here." I replied, pedalling slowly, slightly uncertain where the small cottage was. It's been a few years since I visited it.

We were able to find the bikes and Harry was quick to grab my bike which was full of Powerpuff Girls stickers and has a tiny bell on the handle bars. At first, he kept ringing the bell and that got us caught by one of the maids. It was a really thrilling experience trying not to get caught. We felt like teenagers again. I never got to do this when I was young, especially since I was sent off to boarding school and the teachers there were really strict. I did try once but it ended with me in detention and scraped knees.

I heard Harry ring the bell again and again and I tried to contain my giggles. It was very annoying earlier but now everytime he rings it, I laugh for some odd reason. I told him to slow down when I could faintly see the shadow of the small cottage a few feet in front of us.

"So this is the place where you're going to kill me then? Quiet cozy, might I say." Harry said as soon as we halted.

I got off my bike and pushed the rusty gates open. The place was once our caretaker's house, turned maid's quarters, and ended up vacant. Linda kept it tidy once a month. My father complained that it was too far away from the house and it wasn't even ideal to let the house's staffs live here when the house itself has spare rooms. I reached down on one of empty pots and retrieve the key to the front door.

"So what's up with the place?" Harry asked behind me.

I proceeded to tell him about the cottage's history as I pushed the door open. Realising that it was dark, I hastily searched for the light switch. Our eyes adjusted to the brightness of the room as soon as I flipped the switch on. The furnitures were under white sheets aside from the small table on the center of the room. I let Harry wander around the place as I did a quick sweep of the floor in the living room. The small cottage has two bedrooms, a kitchen, a bathroom, and a living room with a cute fireplace to boot.

"The two rooms are locked. Do you know where the keys are?" Harry said after he was done checking the place out.

"No. Linda usually has the keys for that. We'll sleep on the couch." I replied nonchalantly, patting the couch and quickly regretting it when dust flew against my hand.

"Uhh.. I don't think that's a good idea." Harry lifted the sheet further up to reveal a big hole on the left side of the couch, the springs visible from where I was standing.

"Let me check if Linda left the keys to the room." I sighed, still staring at the hole on the couch.

I was able to find the keys, which were hidden behind a few plates in the cupboard in the kitchen. Unfortunately, we found out that the two bedrooms were void of any mattress so there's no point in sleeping on the bed.

"The floor it is then." I sarcastically said, going back to the living room.

Luckily, Harry was able to find a few branches that could serve the fire we're also trying to create on the fireplace. Harry was quick to leave me on it after a few unsuccessful attempts while I patiently feed it with paper. It would stay lit for a few minutes before going out completely.

"You got us some wine? Good girl." I glanced at Harry, who popped the wine's cork and poured us a drink in the mugs I brought.

"Just leave it." He sighed when he saw me still focusing on lighting the small fire pit.

I ignored him. It wasn't really that cold but I still wanted the place to be warm enough. I cheered as the matches I lit cooperated and started a small fire on the stack of wood and paper.