The First Spark

A/N: Hi all, a quick reminder about feedback (I do so love your reviews). Pleeeeease be nice to me.

I was told once that Alison and Emily falling for each other too fast isn't realistic, but I counter that point. In some cases, when you know...you know. When you're attracted to someone it can be instantaneous. Doesn't mean "love" at first. Just means they're attracted to each other. They were kissing and giggly in love when they were young in the show. Same for the books. I run with that theme. I don't think my stories have them falling in love at the same pace.

This story is called "Infatuation" for a reason. This is not a slowburn. They're going to flirt. They're going to connect. In this story the way that they connect is extremely important because a huge part of Alison's character arc is a tether to a world she's never known before, because of the way she's shut out her emotions. That link to reality comes in the form of Emily Fields (something Alison does not understand). Not saying they're going to fall in love overnight, but they're definitely attracted to each other. But they're two very broken people with sordid pasts, and they will be helping each other through it.

If you've ever seen Dexter, imagine it as a Dexter/Rita situation. Emily is Alison's Rita.

Note: Sensitive subject material in this chapter (and basically every other chapter in the story...). I'll always warn you if it's extremely dark content.

*****

Chapter 3:

The First Spark

Alison had the nightmare again.

A small child. A towering shadow. A booming voice. A presence she couldn't escape.

"Get over here. Get over here RIGHT NOW!"

A hand reaching for her, an angry palm headed towards her ass.

A blur

"What the hell are you doing?" Her brother's angry voice. "You're a fucking piece of shit."

The smell of urine. The cold wet carpet. Her favorite dress being all gross and covered in pee.

Another blur.

Sobbing in her brother's arms.

"Why did he do that to me, Jason? Does he not love me?"

"Hey, how could anyone not love you? That rat bastard doesn't know how to love anything. And what he was doing was not okay..."

She woke to the sounds of pounding on the on-call room door.

"Dr. DiLaurentis!"

How long had she been asleep? She'd had back-to-back surgeries all morning. She was working a double shift. She'd completely lost track of time.

She remembered slipping into the on-call room. She remembered locking the door...

"Lock your door, Ali."

And then she remembered collapsing on the bed, visions of the brunette in her mind. Her fingers had dipped inside her scrub pants as she imagined the detective there with her. Curtains of long dark hair fanned out against the pillow. A supreme fantastic journey of ecstasy.

The crime scene had turned her on.

The detective had sent her over the edge.

She looked at the clock. It was seven o'clock. She'd been asleep for four hours.