In Pieces

*****

Chapter 26:

In Pieces

The raw primal part of Alison wanted to shred the detective's clothes and fuck her into a new world. God, if she could share her hobby with Emily she would never need anything more in life.

They could be like a rogue Thelma and Louise, without the bitter end. They could be the best vigilantes the world had ever seen.

But Emily's story wasn't adding up.

It's not possible.

Alison was there that night. She knew things that Emily didn't know.

The brunette was shaking, trembling.

Is it the rush? The idea that you might have killed Maya? The excitement? The freedom?

That's how she felt after a kill. Free. Watching her victims take their last breath...painting them with their blood...it was exhilarating, and in that moment the world didn't feel so heavy.

Emily scrambled over towards the side of the bed, nearly falling off the mattress. Her head caught the side of the end table, cutting it open, but she didn't stop her forward momentum.

"Emily!" Alison gasped in shock.

Duke was off the bed and moving around to the side where Emily had rolled to the floor in a panic. His feet padded against the floor and he whined.

Emily reached for a small garbage bin next to the bed and hung her head over it.

Alison crawled across the bed and climbed down next to her. She watched the blood oozing from the small cut in the brunette's head. The doctor in her wanted to care for the injury. The killer in her was fascinated by the beautiful color. She leaned forward, fighting the urge to kiss it...to taste it.

Jesus, I'm like a fucking vampire.

She leaned forward, rubbing Emily's back with one hand and holding her hair with the other while the detective hurled so violently that her body shook.

This is what Toby and Emily meant when they said they didn't want me to see her like this.

The brunette was like a helpless animal on the forest floor. It was a side of Emily that Alison had never seen before.

What did that crazy psycho do to you?

A hand shot out in the low light and Emily was grasping the blonde's arm for support as she swayed over the garbage bin.

"I might pass out." Emily managed to urp out.

"I'll catch you." Alison promised, her eyes still glued to the bright red substance on her head.

Am I seriously getting turned on by this?

The blood and the confession had made her hot between her thighs, but having Emily at her mercy was a new feeling. Everything they did was consensual. Alison wasn't some fucking rapist. But there was something enticing about having someone completely willing to do anything. A mistress and her sweet obedient wife.

Now is not the time.

The blonde was constantly battling herself, constantly beating back her demons until it was time for them to come out and play. She was a murderer, but she was also a doctor. She chopped people up. But she also put them back together.

Part of her job as a surgeon was patient care. She wasn't averse to helping people, especially people she cared about. Especially her wife.