How it Ends

A/N: So, shit is going to get real in this chapter. Things are going to shock you. Things are going to hurt. And then you're going to want to hurt me.

*readies for pitchforks*

*****

Chapter 37:

How it Ends

The building was dank and musty. There was a lingering pungent odor, like it was rotting from the inside out.

It was the perfect place to bring everything full circle. There was a lot of pain and suffering hidden between the walls of the large abandoned building. A dark history. A history that screamed and wept and bled. A history of dark secrets and death.

It was a place where innocence was lost. Where souls went to die.

It would be perfect to close out Alison's legacy.

Despite her end, that's what the blonde was: a legacy.

The Scarlet Letter Killer...a child of darkness, dying in a place of darkness. It was only fitting.

It was clear that Alison couldn't continue her work. She'd been compromised...by love.

Sickening.

A gloved hand reached for a dangling chain, pulling on it, the light illuminating a set of photos on the table.

Photos of Alison and Emily, of their life together. Their family. Their friends.

A shadow hovered above a picture of little Liam Rivers sitting in Alison's lap. The little boy seemed to mean something to Alison.

The tips of the gloves played with the edge of the photograph for a few seconds before picking it up. Cold eyes set their sights on the child. Fingertips traced around Liam's figure.

Kids were Alison's weakness. They'd always been her weakness. Perhaps because of what she'd lost as a child. She had dubbed herself as a protector of the innocent. And who was more innocent than children?

The photo of Liam was gently placed next to a picture of Emily. Soon, that smile would be wiped from her face permanently.

Oh, the plans that were in store for the detective...

It made the excitement palpable.

The killer's eyes slowly tracked around the room. Everything was ready. Everything was prepared. Chains bolted to the wall. A table set up specifically for her prey. Alison's death would not be quick and painless. It would be slow agonizing torture. Tiny cuts. Broken bones crushed into dust. Chained to the wall, steel cutting into her wrists. She'd be forced to stand as her body weakened from the pain and the blood loss. She'd be begging for death.

The haunting monstrous place was where the biggest monster of them all would die. It's where Alison DiLaurentis would have the last bits of her soul shattered into oblivion, leaving an empty black hole.

Once everything had been taken away from her...

Her heart...

Her soul...

Her dignity...

After Alison had lost everything she held dear, after she lost her fight and her will to live, that's when she would die.

Breaking the blonde's spirit would be easy now that Alison had people in her life that she loved. She'd have to suffer before having the life drained out of her. She would be forced to watch her loved ones die, starting with Emily.