Beauty and The Beast

A/N: There will be many...feelings...about this one. It's intense.

Dark content. Triggering content.

Shout out if you're still reading here. I am still looking to get a feel for my audience, most of which seems to be on other platforms.

*****

Chapter 13:

Beauty and the Beast

There was a charming little diner across the street from the park. Outside it looked like an old vintage shop, but the inside décor was filled with a lot of hipster decorations. The walls were lined with splashy edgy paintings.

Alison and Emily didn't pay as much attention to the decorations as they did each other.

The detective smiled as she directed Alison to a booth, because in true hipster fashion the place was a seat-yourself kind of restaurant.

"You have lovely manners." The doctor's smile was playful, something that said "I love that you are so polite when we're in public, but I quite enjoy you in private wearing leather and handcuffs, too."

"All for show." Emily winked, kissing Alison's cheek. Her silent response, "These people have no idea how freaky we get..."

She sat down across from the blonde. She started to put her hands against the table, but realized they were still shaking, so she stopped. Her heart hadn't stopped racing since Alison surprised her in the park. It was unthinkable to her that Alison could be in danger now.

Losing one girlfriend was hard enough. Losing the blonde would shatter her. She hadn't been able to protect Maya, but she would do everything in her power to keep Alison safe.

"Em? You okay? You seem upset."

Emily didn't realize it, but she had been anxiously bouncing her knee. When she looked over at Alison she was met with a worried expression.

She'd never lied to Alison before and she wasn't going to start now.

"It bothers me that this man knows who you are." Emily reached across the table and took Alison's hand.

Alison was used to dealing with darkness and death, but she worked with a different kind of danger. She worked with the fate of someone's life in her hands, but her patients weren't in danger when she was around.

"I don't want to see you get hurt."

"I'm more resilient than you think." She rubbed Emily's hand.

Maya thought that, too.

But Alison wasn't Maya. She had to stop beating herself up for the past. She had a wonderful girlfriend sitting right in front of her.

"That you are." Emily lifted her brow, her mind wandering to the whip the doctor had pulled out during a roleplay last weekend.

The detective kicked her shoe off and slipped her foot underneath the table, rubbing it against Alison's ankle, slowly moving it up her calf.

The thrill of the danger in the park had Alison throbbing in need. She had a hard time controlling her urges. She wanted to sink beneath the table and pull Emily's yoga pants down and let her tongue dance all over her.

She opted to scoot next to her when their food arrived. It started out with a friendly touch as they were sharing a basket of sweet potato fries.

Then Alison's hand was against Emily's inner thigh, gently squeezing.