Laws of Attraction

A/N: Word count on this one is long. I've had people complain about long chapters in previous stories. Gonna kindly ask that no one complains about it. Only rule I have about my writing: if you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything at all. Cuz I'm a mental emotional wreck and am barely hanging on. Kthanks.

*****

Chapter 8:

Laws of Attraction

The morning sun filtered in through the blinds, painting the living room of Alison's house with perfect checkered blocks of light.

Emily blinked, slowly waking up, registering the night she'd had. She could feel Alison's warm body curved against hers. They were laying on the couch. The blonde's ankle was hooked over her leg. She felt the warmth of her cheek against her collar bone.

Alison nuzzled against her in her sleep. Her eyes were still closed. The sun slowly washed over them. The dim light in the room cast an amber hue over her beautiful face.

The brunette replayed the night in her mind. As they were leaving the restaurant Emily was certain Alison would end up flat on her back in bed, but something had stopped her. A need. A desire for something different.

She'd meant what she said.

"I want more."

Emily had wanted to fuck her so bad. She had felt how wet the doctor was outside the restaurant. She'd sensed how much Alison wanted her. Her finger had almost plunged inside of Alison's depths, but it didn't feel right.

She'd held back.

She held back because she had feelings for Alison. She hadn't had feelings for anyone in a long time. As much as she wanted to lay her down and worship every last inch of her body she knew that it had to be different with her. It had to be real.

Ever since she met her she'd had visions of shoving her fingers into her, of teasing her with her tongue, of slamming a strap on in to the hilt and watching her blue eyes roll back into her head in ecstasy. But she'd also had visions of holding her delicately, of looking into her eyes as she came. She wanted to know Alison. She wanted to know every intimate part of her.

They'd taken the first step towards that last night. They'd shared a different kind of intimacy than sex.

Opening up to Alison had been something she'd never done with the girls before her. There had been something terrifying about it, and Jeeeesus, had she CRIED?

She had a faint recollection of telling Alison about her dad. Those wounds were still healing. She hadn't been able to stop the tears.

She probably thinks I'm a total pussy now...

But then Emily remembered what Alison had shared with her. Her past. Her fears. Her demons.

Alison hadn't just latched on to her life. She'd opened her own. The intimacy they shared linked them, bonded them.

It was a bit intimidating. It felt like they were cruising through life in the fast lane. Emily wanted to be with her, but was she ready?

Her heart started pounding in her chest.

A nagging feeling prickled the back of her brain.

I wonder if she has any alcohol.

She wanted a drink to calm her nerves. She wanted a shot of bourbon more than anything in the world, but having Alison in her arms helped.