1

Luffy is now at the bar talking to Makino. He is excited because the mayor mentioned that there will be a pirate that will camp in the Foosha village. He just hopes that the pirates are good people so he can ask them about Gol D. Roger. He adores the king of the pirates so much that he wants to become one too.

Luffy: Makino San, what do you think being the most free man in the world, isn't cool?

Makino: Do you want to be a pirate? If it is your dream, you need to be strong enough to be one.

Luffy: Yeah, that's why I'm going to become stronger than anyone else. I will gather my crew and achieve our dreams together!

Makino gave Luffy a soft smile. She admires the kid so much because of his determination to achieve his dreams. Ever since Luffy met Makino, Makino has become Luffy's temporary mother. because Luffy is still young and just learning all about this world.

Makino: What exactly was your reason for becoming a pirate?

Luffy: I want to find the legendary treasure, One Piece!

Makino gasped because of what Luffy said. She didn't know that Luffy's dream was too high to achieve and that may have led to death.

Makino: Luffy, my dear, isn't it too high to achieve? Almost all the pirates in the world are finding it. What if you got killed because of that?

Luffy: When I say I'm going to find it, I am happy to die pursuing that dream.

Makino and Luffy didn't know that a red-haired guy was eavesdropping on their whole conversation. Because he saw his old captain on Luffy, the redhead almost cried.

He opens the door of the bar, surprising Luffy and Makino.

???: What an interesting young man. What is your name, kid?

Luffy: My name is Monkey D. Luffy! The one who will become the pirate king!

The red-haired eyes widened because he saw an image of Roger instead of Luffy.

???: I see, my name is Shanks, also known as red hair. Nice to meet you, Luffy.

Luffy: Wait, it's my first time seeing you here. Are you the pirate that the Mayor is talking about?

Shanks: Yeah, we are here to camp and just rest, then we will continue our journey.

Luffy: Shanks are going out to sea is cool? I mean, are there so many interesting things you will find out about?

Shanks: Of course, there are thousands of islands in this world, and I'm sure you will find it interesting.

Luffy just looks at Shanks with stars in his eyes. He wants to know more about the secrets of the sea.

Shanks: Do you want to see my crew? They are some of the coolest people in the world, and they are strong too, but I'm the coolest because I am the captain.

Luffy: Sure! We will go out, Makino San!

Makino: Sure, just take care of it.

After that, Shanks carries Luffy and walks outside the bar. Luffy's eyes widened in surprise when he saw their ship.

Luffy: Wow! It's my first time seeing a pirate ship, and it's so big!

Shanks: That ship is called the Red Force. It's cool, isn't it?

Luffy: Yeah!

Shanks and Luffy both have stars in their eyes.

???: Hey Captain, where did you get that kid? Don't tell me you kidnapped him.