2

Luffy is now inside the bar reading the book that Benn Beckman gave him. He is curious about what Haki is, so he reads it immediately. Luffy is so amazed because he finally knows where his grandfather's super strength is coming from. He wants to train and use it in the future so he can protect his friends and family.

Luffy: No wonder all the animals here are afraid of Gramps. The secret is the conqueror's haki. I am so lucky to have one too.

Makino: You seem serious, Luffy. Is there any problem?

Luffy: Oh, there is no problem. The book just explains how dangerous the grandline is and the sea creatures are.

Luffy: Of course, I can't tell anyone about this haki thing; it's too dangerous.

Then he was interrupted when the door suddenly opened. Luffy's eyes widened in surprise because he didn't expect his grandfather to come early.

Luffy: Gramps! I miss you!

Luffy runs towards Garp and hugs him tightly.

Garp: How is my smart grandson doing? You are not causing trouble, are you?

Makino: Luffy is not a trouble maker. He usually eats, reads, and sleeps.

Garp: Oh? Is that so? You will become a good marine someday.

Luffy: Gramps, you know how much I despise marines and how they conduct themselves; they are worse than pirates! I want to be a pirate king!

Garp's eyes almost popped out because of shock. He didn't know where his grandson had learned about the pirate king.

Luffy: Plus, I promise Shanks that I will return his hat after I become the Pirate King!

Garp: Shanks! You will pay for ruining my grandson's mind!

Then Garp gave Luffy a fist of love, making Luffy unconscious.

Garp: Like father, like son, you two always do whatever you want.

Makino: You know that you can't stop him, right?

Garp: I know he will want to be a pirate someday. After all, he is a D.

Then Garp carries Luffy's unconscious body and goes out of the bar.

Time skip

Luffy wakes up being carried on the back of his grandfather. He knows it's time to move out and train, so he did not protest and just stayed on his grandfather's back and just wondered about his surroundings.

Luffy: Gramps, can you teach me Haki? I have the three of them.

Garps paused his walk to process what Luffy had said; he had recently discovered that his grandson possessed the rare haki.

Garp: You know what haki is and you have the third one?!

Luffy: Yeah, I unlocked it when the bandit killed the old lady. I'm sorry I can't do anything.

Garp: It's the reality, Luffy. You will witness more deaths when you grow up, so you need to be strong if you don't want to end up like them.

Luffy: Are you going to teach me haki?

Garp: I will teach you the six powers also.

Luffy: What is that?

Luffy's face paled when he saw his grandfather's evil grin.

Garp: You will know.

Luffy: So my suffering is going to be doubled.

Time skip

Garp is now teaching Luffy what he needs to know about the six powers and haki. He has pushed Luffy's limits to the point that Luffy can't stand it anymore. Luffy doesn't complain or whine because he knows that hard work never betray result. Garp is surprised because he expected Luffy to stop the training after all the pain and tiredness. He smiles proudly at his grandson, who is now lying on the ground exhausted.

Garp let Luffy rest for a while before continuing his non-stop training. Garp hunts down some animals for food because Luffy doesn't have any strength when he is hungry. Luffy saves more energy for training later.

Garp: How many weeks do you want to train?

Luffy: Maybe one month? It's too early to move out anyway, plus the kid that you are talking about can wait.

Garp: Sure, I have two months of vacation.

They ate the food that Garp had cooked earlier and went back to training again. Garp is positive that Luffy can learn haki and the 6 powers in just one month because he is somewhat of a prodigy and a smart person, but in that one month, his haki is still weak and his body will be tired if he uses the 6 powers too much, so he needs to make it stronger.

Luffy: I am starting to get into it!

Garp: Good! Now behold my fist of love!

Garp punches Luffy in the head, but he braces it and gets up. Luffy is now wearing a blindfold because he is practicing his observation haki.

Week by week, day by day. Luffy and Garp train non-stop. He found it more fun and it became a bonding time with his grandfather.

Time skip

It's already been one month since the training. Luffy grew stronger, but he needs more years to strengthen his body and haki. They are now climbing the mountain to meet the mountain bandits that will take care of Luffy. Luffy frowned when he heard about bandits but shrugged it off because not all people are the same.

When they arrived, Luffy saw a rather tall and overweight middle-aged woman with long, orange, curly hair and a big, masculine face. They approach the bandit, who has an annoyed face.

???: Garp Please have mercy, we can't handle Ace anymore! Don't put another brat in our house!

Garp: Dadan, there are so many crimes on you that I missed; do you want to go to Impeldown?

Dadan: No, no! We will take care of him! Is there any life support for this kid?

Garp: I'll put it on my list.

Dadan: This is not a bar! Have mercy, Garp!

Garp: Meet my grandson, Luffy.

Luffy comes out from hiding on his grandfather's legs. He is carrying the book that Benn Beckman gave him.

Luffy: Hello there, Dadan San.Sorry for the delay; we decided to go training before coming here. 

Dadan: It is better if you guys don't come.

Luffy: Curly Dadan, leader of the Dadan family, has a 7-million belly on her head. I'm sure taking care of a kid like me is less troublesome than going down to impeldown, right?

Dadan and the rest of the family went silent. Dadan already predicted that taking care of Luffy would be troublesome.

Luffy: If you are thinking that I will be troublesome, don't push yourselves too hard. I will bring meat after I train; you just have to cook it.

Then suddenly, a spit was about to hit Luffy in the face, but Luffy sensed it and dodged. The spitter's eyes widened in surprise.

Garp then looks in the direction where the spitting came from.

Garp: Ace, you've arrived! Meet Luffy. Make sure you guys be friends.

Luffy runs towards Ace, happily hoping that he will make Ace his friend.

Ace: Hello Ace Let's be friends!