7

Dragon: Don't be ridiculous, he has a family here!

Luffy: But he doesn't want to be with them! When he turns eighteen, he will be a true noble and his father will force him to do things that he doesn't like!

Dragon is taken aback as he looks at his son; he had no idea that the child Luffy is referring to also does not want a noble life and doesn't want power and connections with royalty.

Dragon: Why did you not want to live with those nobles? You can have some money, gold, and get anything you want.

Dragon asked Sabo. Sabo looks down and clenches his fist.

Sabo: I don't want gold, money, and power! I want freedom! I want to set sail on the sea someday and become the freest man in the world, along with Luffy and Ace!

Dragon smiles softly, wanting what Sabo says. He saw some potential in Sabo and knows that he will be a great asset to the revolutionary army in the future.

Dragon: Well, pack your belongings; we're leaving right away.

The trio grin happily and immediately rush to pack things that Sabo might need. Sabo didn't have any clothes, so he borrowed some from Ace.

Time skip

Luffy, Ace, and the Dadan family are saying goodbye to Sabo. The Dadan family and Ace are crying, but Luffy is just giving a soft smile.

Sabo: So this is it.

Ace: Sabo *sob* Make sure to eat every day, okay? Don't slack off on your training.

Luffy: Quit those tears, guys! Sabo is not going to die!

Ace: Shut up! We are not like you; we are going to miss Sabo!

Ace stated this with shark teeth.

Luffy: Well, anyway, take care of yourself, Sabo, and be strong, okay? So someday you will put up a fight against me.

Sabo: Of course, me and Ace will win against you. Just wait!

Ace: Yeah! I will train until I become stronger! We will beat you someday!

Luffy smiled softly at the two of them and said

Luffy: Sure, I'm just waiting for you guys. I'm sure that you two will become strong someday.

Dragon and Ivankov are just watching them with a smile on their faces.

Dragon: Let's go, Sabo, we don't have all day.

Sabo: Oh, coming!

Sabo runs towards Dragon and Ivankov. He looks at his brothers and the bandits once again.

Sabo: Bye bye, Luffy, Ace, and the Dadan family! Thanks for taking care of me!

Dandan: You brat, just go!

Ace: Bye bye, Sabo!

Luffy: Dad! Take care of Sabo for me!

Dragon smiled softly at his son and said,

Dragon: Sure, that's my responsibility as a father.

Luffy: Yeah, father, I love you even though you are not always by my side. I will make you proud someday.

Dragon started to tear up as he was touched by his son's words. He was glad to have a strong, kind, and responsible son.

Dragon: Thank you, Luffy.

Then Dragon Sabo and Ivankov vanished, leaving a strong gust of wind.

Luffy: Wow, I wonder if that's my father's devil fruit.

Ace: We will set sail someday, Luffy, so let's train and become the most freest people in the world!

Luffy gives him a closed-eyes smile.

Luffy: Count me in!

.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Time skip

Luffy is watching his brother Ace pack his things. It is time for Ace to set sail and start his pirate life. Luffy teaches Ace what Haki is and tells him about six powers, but Ace can only do sorru and tekkai. He was proud that his big brother had become a strong man.

As for Luffy's progress on his strength, he improved drastically. He trains non-stop with his brother Ace after Sabo leaves. He became famous on East Blue because he sometimes went bounty hunting so he could buy a pirate ship for his crew. Ace and Luffy use the gold that they stole from thugs and pirates on Grey Terminal to buy boats that can withstand a storm.

Luffy: So it's time, huh?

Ace: Yeah, it's my turn now, and someday it'll be your turn. But you became more famous here in East Blue because of your bounty hunting.

Luffy: Yeah, I need the money and fighting experience.

Ace: Just be careful, Lu. Make sure you don't fight marines, at least not yet.

Luffy: Yeah, I'm aware of that. Oh wait! I almost forgot. I have a gift for you!

Luffy runs outside to get the items that he brought for Ace. After a few seconds, Luffy came back with a hat and knife.

Ace: What is that, Lu?

Luffy: I bought this from a weapons shop. This knife and hat are for you, so the three of us have our own signature hats.

Ace: Thanks, Lu I'll treasure it, but you don't need to buy anything for me, you know.

Luffy: Quit making sense and just accept it.

Ace: OK, if you say so, I'm still wondering who is the real big brother, you or me. I should be the one buying you things that you like.

Luffy: I have a lot of money, as in lots of it. So don't be guilty and you need to go now before the bandits stop you.

Ace: You're right. Let's go to the shore! 

Luffy just chuckles at his brother's enthusiasm. Luffy is known as a gentle person but cold when he is fighting. He is always calm because he always meditates, so he has full control of his emotions.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Ace: Luffy! everyone! Thanks for taking care of me! 

Ace said, while waving at them as usual, the bandits were crying and even Makino. Luffy just gives a soft smile and waves back at him.

Luffy: Take care, Ace! Oh, and there is a sea king behind you! 

A sea king emerged from under the water. The villagers and Dadan family's jaws dropped when they saw the sea king about to eat Ace.

Ace: Bring it on sea king!

Ace jumps and punches the sea king in the face. 

Luffy: Shishishishi, you need to train your color of observation, Ace! But not bad!

Ace: Yeah! I'll take note of it! Make sure to wait for my wanted poster! 

Luffy: Yeah, and don't be reckless! 

They watch Ace's boat vanish from their site before leaving.

Luffy: So it's my turn next. I can't wait!