author's note

This is a Scaramouche x Reader, therefore all liberties taken with 'you' in the story will be in personality and alternate universe counterpart(the backstory and such).

This will be a fem!reader.

This story will contain mature content.

Complete and major spoilers for the Inazuma region of Genshin Impact.

I am aware there is a Mitski song of the same name, but Heat Lightning is not named after the song.

Enjoy reading!

p.s. i do not have any beta readers or editors since i just write and post whenever so expect major edits to be made when i proofread and some typos.

Playlist:

'heat lightning' by cucumbersandwiches on Spotify

P.S.

On a personal note, I was unable to update this story for a few months due to the fact I had school and then finals. I had many, many  things saved in my drafts on the notes app that summed up to about 20k words worth of writing that I need to sift through so there will be updates I promise. I will also be editing this story (I just published what was in my notes at first) so if there are any spelling errors or weird wordings  please let me know! I appreciate all the comments and be going back to check them frequently. I may also be making timeline and plot changes because I am unhappy with some of my previous decisions. Thank you so much for reading and any support you have given!

update;//072022
i'm going to be super busy the next two weeks so the next two chapters will take a while to come out. but just know that the book will be updated in august (: thank you for being patient.

update!!!;//081822

IM BACK. i posted a new chapter and i am now less busy for about half a week until school starts ;;;; i will be updating again soon though bc my new ideas for the story. thank you for bearing with me on this hiatus and i will be bringing more content now :) <3