12 - fist fight

I got the beauty, got the brains

Got the power, hold the reins

I should be motherfuckin' crazy

Nothing in this world could change me

-Venus Fly Trap—MARINA-0:35

The world came back into view, white fading into dark purples and blacks. The atmosphere we were now in was heavy, filled with negative energy. A purple smoke covered the floor, coming out under the floorboards and brushing my feet. Yae's hand held me close, she put my body behind hers as we fully appeared into reality. The scenery was the last of my concern when I saw the body of Aether on the floor.

I tried to go to him, to see if he was okay, but Yae held me stiffly behind her.

Someone chuckled as Yae appeared, "Oh wow! I was not expecting such a party."

Yae, still holding me tight, said haughtily, "Well you invited the wrong guests."

The man laughed, a laugh I remembered. I kept trying to break free of Yae's grasp but it was hopeless.

The man strolled toward us, his footsteps confident just by the sound of them. He stopped a few feet away from Yae.

"The fox here to stop one of her masters creations. What can I say, orders are absolute for the both of us."

Yae stayed indifferent, "I am not here on orders, you have it all wrong."

The man hummed, "Oh?"

He strolled forward to the Traveler that had passed out on the ground, "Then why would you come for the Hero of Mondstadt?"

The man's chuckle afterward led to Yae's response.

"I have two reasons why I came here. The traveler is one of them. However, the other is a little surprise for you."

Her grip on my arms loosened and I quickly ran over to the Traveler, turning him over  to check his pulse. Above me, Scaramouche stood in disbelief. He started to walk backward, away from me.

The hat wearing man whipped his head toward Yae, yelling, "How is she here—Why would you bring her here? You know what caused that."

His hands jutted toward the unconscious Aether.

Yae smiled, "She's protected loverboy, don't get your panties in a twist."

"What did you do?"

Scaramocuhe's voice boomed through the room and Yae giggled.

"I solved the problem you made."

"What problem— She was—"

The man stared as I tended to the Traveler, my shirt open and revealing my chest and the large mark that was covered with a glowing blue rectangle. My hands picked up both of Aether's arms and I turned his body over to check for any damage. Scaramouche was in denial that I had witnessed his actions, his words that were stark in contrast to the ones he last said to me. A hand flew over his mouth as the mark on his chest glowed purple while mine did not do a thing.

Yae twirled a purple chess piece in her hand, "So, I need to take this kid away."

Scaramouche regained his composure, "No."

"Oh?"

I tuned into the conversation and snapped my head up to Scaramouche, "Did you do this?"

My voice raised, "Did you?"

The man smirked at me, voice malicious, "And?"

"What do you mean 'and'?"

I yelled at him, standing up to walk over to him. My finger poked his chest as I took on a lower venomous tone.