9 - talks, necks, and marks

You drive me crazy, I just can't sleep

I'm so excited, I'm in too deep

Ooh, crazy, but it feels all right

Baby, thinkin' of you keeps me up all night

-(You Drive Me) Crazy—Britney Spears-0:54

Scaramouche left the room with annoyance clear on his face, but his eyes confused. As he walked to the concierge he tried to decipher the feeling that had erupted when the general tried to expose him. The feeling that had fluttered in his chest when [name] wanted to talk to him. The feeling when they said they knew next to nothing about him. The feeling when they referred to him with nicknames.

When he reached the front desk, the woman there looked at him with an angry face.

He pulled out a bag of mora and she barely even glanced at it before telling the man off, "What were you doing in there causing all the ruckus?"

Scaramouche set the bag on the counter and replied, "Sorry."

The woman's face scrunched up, her red hair was pulled into a long ponytail behind her ear, "What?"

"For the damages."

Scaramouche walked away, still lost in thought, not sparing an eye to the woman at the desk; her hands were gripping the counter in her anger. Gorou passed by without a word, soundlessly moving toward the door. When the general reached the door of the inn, he mumbled a "sorry" to the red-haired woman who was in disbelief.

Scaramouche's fingers grasped the doorknob to the room. When he tried to turn the knob, his fingers twitched away. Thinking more about it he pondered not opening the door at all. That was until it opened anyway, a tired and pale [name] put their fingers around his wrist and dragged him in. Despite thinking of leaving, he almost lost all self control then and there. The man wanted to be smothered in the warmth that grasped his wrist.

It was like nothing he had ever felt before.

My foot tapped as I watched Scaramocuhe's hand twitch. The air, from my spot on the bed to the chair where he sat in front of me, was thick.

I sighed, pushing myself up, "So..."

He didn't look up.

My fingers grasped the sheet beneath me, "Why is General Gorou wary of you?"

His eyes looked anywhere but me. Their blue color focused on whatever else in the room they could. It was dark, but his eyes looked at everything that they could.

Reaching out, I tapped his nose, startling him.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Scaramouche's twitchy demeanor paused for a moment before his chest sparked purple. As soon as it started, it stopped. If I had blinked, I would've missed it. His eyes danced around my chest as well, finding something.

The man was normally confident. The nervousness displayed in his actions scared me, he hadn't said anything since I told him to go.

"This... this wasn't supposed to happen."

Scaramocuhe's hands fiddled with each other. He sat looking down at them. Vulnerable.

I pointed to his collarbone, "This?"

He nodded.

Reaching to my own collar, "What did happen?"

His black hair shifted when he looked up to me, "I don't know exactly."