15 - to need and to know

I lost myself in the sun

I lost myself under the sun

I got too close

And now I'm burning (burning down)

-No Silhouette—DPR IAN-0:52-

I never got to ask him anything before he fled out the door on business with a jitter in his fingers and four layers of clothing on. I instead was left to lay on the tatami mat floor without a single thing to do with my day.

A tiredness began to beg at my eyelids as I sat in the living space we slept in the night before. It was just past midday and I still sat alone by a small table in the humid heat of Tsurumi Island's fog. My clothes were sticking to my body so I removed my shirt and was now left with my bra. The fabric—though but a few bandages —was still clinging to my skin and the sweat that clung to the space underneath it was become unbearable.

I was craving water. Any kind of nourishment that brought me hydration would suffice. It was hot and humid and Scaramouche said to keep the door closed. I had long since pulled it open however, and the windows were letting a cool breeze brush the wetness that stuck to my back.

Scaramouche had left long ago on "business", but i didn't quite believe that. His eyes were traveling wherever I went whenever I moved each second of the morning. Although I had tried to bring up the idea of his comment being ironic, it just called upon deaf ears.

"Many, many people have played with you, [name]..."

Though the dewy morning and the cool night from before were much better for my body to exist in, the emotional damage of the interactions that occurred within them still wracked my cranium as I laid back on my hands. The tatami mats were cool until my body brushed over them. I was overheating for some reason and it was starting to grate on me.

I miss the cold water of Narukami Island.

I miss the the cold hand on my collarbones.

The sensation of a cool breeze spread across my body and I leaned my head back to enjoy the breeze. I didn't hear the footsteps approaching the tiny cottage until two freezing hands met my shoulders. They jolted me awake from my heat induced drowsiness and when my eyes opened fully the panicked eyes of Scaramouche searched my face.

Scaramocuhe's chest was glowing underneath layers and layers of clothing. Blue eyes grazed across my body seeing that I had stripped myself of my own clothing. His hands felt up to my collar and then grazed over my neck. The cool sensation near my throat made me shove him away.

A shudder ran through my body, and the memory of the fight we had flowed through my mind. The sudden push left Scaramouche on the ground in front of my sweaty self.

His hat fell down behind him and he rubbed his head, "What the hell did you do that for?"

I scowled and shot back, "What the hell were you doing touching me like that? You're freezing!"

Scaramouche gave me an indignant look, "That's exactly why! You're sweltering!"

"I am n-!"

My words were cut off as soon as they started. The man's hand met my forehead and then he took mine and put it to his own. Both of us sat there for a second and the shock of each other's body temperature set in. That single moment was uncharacteristic of us. It may have consequently occurred after our time in the inn with Gorou, but after the time Scaramouche nearly killed me, no. The moment made me look retrospectively at my relationship with the man.

Scaramouche was hiding something about us.

That was the only way to explain why he hasn't abandoned me yet. He has so many secrets and I don't know a single one, yet he knows more about me than it seems. Even if he wasn't prepared for that conversation—no, especially if he isn't prepared for that conversation— I need to have it with him.