Part 5

Y/n ran forward and let Steve try for a punch. She ducked and grabbed him around the waist. She lifted him up and balanced him on her shoulder. He was so surprised by the tactic that he forgot to resist for a few seconds. He tried to wiggle out of her grip, but she just laughed as she walked across the huge room. She tightened her grip before she threw him in the large washing bin next to the change rooms. Nat burst out laughing and Clint clapped as Tony grinned.

Y/n took a bow and stepped back as Steve climbed out of the bin.

"The only reason that worked is because you caught me off guard. It won't work again." Y/n grinned as she poked his arm.

"I'm sure Mr big strong American man. The itty bitty girl won't triumph over you again." Steve let a smile crack as y/n laughed. She stopped with a sigh and took a step back to give herself room to lift her wrists out.

"That was actually fun, you made me forget I'm being held here involuntarily. Take me back to my cell. I'll tell the rats the highlights. Don't worry, I'll leave out how bad you were at sparring." Steve frowned and looked at Tony.

"Hey Stark, you have so many proper rooms in this tower," Tony brought his hand up.

"No, no, no! Fury would kill me! She's not getting her own room!" Y/n leaned around Cap with a grin.

"Actually, Fury just wanted me here, and from my knowledge, he doesn't care if I'm in a cell, a room, or sleeping on the roof as long as I'm here." Nat took a step forward and high-fived the girl. Tony groaned and stared at her.

"Fine, you get a room. But if you sneak out, or set a foot out of line, I'm blaming Capsicle." Y/n danced around herself and rushed to hug Cap. When she realised what she did she let go, but he quickly pulled her back in.

"Thank you, for doing so much for me. You could have ignored me, but you're not so bad." Cap smiled as she talked into his chest. Nat smiled as she took a photo before sliding her phone back onto her pockets. Y/n let go of Cap and brushed off her pants.

"So um, where's my new room?"

Y/n didn't take long to settle into her room. She had no clothes to put away or knick-knacks to place on her new shelves, she only had a photo of her and her dad. She pinned it to a corkboard behind her new desk and then took a nap, the best way to use her new room. 

After waking up, she walked into the kitchen, finding it empty. She took out some ingredients, and a stand mixer, and got to work. Y/n had always liked baking. She poured the finished batter into a pan and slid it into the oven. She looked up to see Natasha and Clint both sitting at the counter. She stared at the two who had come out of nowhere.

"How...? When...? What..?" Clint leaned forward.

"Please share your food with me. I could be your greatest ally, and it doesn't hurt to give me a slice." Nat kept a straight face.

"He is very loyal if you give him food." Clint nodded.

"That's true, I am." Y/n shrugged.

"Sure, I mean why wouldn't I give my kidnappers food?" Clint leaned back.

"I would think of us as friends who met by force." Natasha nodded, which made y/n laugh.

"Well, as far as 'friends who met by force', you guys aren't bad. I would go as far as saying that you seem like nice people. You all do. I take that back actually. I'm 99% sure that Stark hates me, and Bruce thinks of me as a six-year-old kid with cancer. Thor seems nice though." Natasha shrugged.

"Stark doesn't tell people when he cares about them, he does things. He'll put you on the team comms during a mission and check you're there, and Bruce just needs to adjust to you. New people can be hard for him." Y/n nodded slowly.

"I do want to help you guys and go on missions and stuff. You know, doing what's right, but I just wish I got to choose to get involved." Nat smiled.

"Same."

After feeding Clint, and promptly being proposed to, y/n walked into Tony's lab. He looked up with a frown.

"Hey, what are you doing in here? You shouldn't be in here." Y/n lifted her arms up, showing him the plate in her hands.

"Chill man, I thought you could use some cake. But now that I look at you, I think you could use some sleep. Come on man, what are you working on that's so important?" Tony covers his work with his hands and frowns.

"It doesn't matter how unimportant the work is, I don't sleep until I've finished it." Y/n nodded.

"Respect. You gotta girl boss your way to the finish line." Tony looked at her for a second, thoroughly confused.

"Do you ever make sense?" You started to walk out.

"Not if I can help it. Bye Stark." As she closed the doors, she heard him yell out.

"Thank you!" She smiled as she walked off.

"Screw you!"

~~~

Word Count: 962

Slightly smaller chapter this week, so I'm sorry about that. I have been super busy playing with my new puppy! She is very adorable.

I had this image in my mind of a reasonably small girl lifting this fully grown man and just dumping him in a bin, and I knew I needed to write it.

Thanks for reading, and remember to vote and comment!